Print Page | Close Window

Hello from China

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: New Members Corner
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5230
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 1:01am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hello from China
Posted By: vz691f
Subject: Hello from China
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 4:09pm
Hello from China!

I was trying to upgrade my Schiit Mani.  A few sites recommended Reflex M.  Browsed this website, made a telephone call from China to ask questions (don't know who answered the phone, sorry I was in a hurry to save some IDD costTongue) and I ordered one with PSU1 a few days ago.  Now anxiously waiting for factory scheduling... the gentleman on the phone told me it would take up to 6 weeks to build.

I mainly listen to classical music.  Vinyl, CD/SACD, Hi-res, Streaming...  Bought my first LP only 2 years ago.

Very happy to get to know this company, the people and the history.

Lang

Replies:
Posted By: CageyH
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 4:27pm
Welcome Thumbs Up from France.

-------------
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.

Posted By: lfc jon
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:07pm
Welcome
Hi from jonathan
Didn't know you could get Graham Slee in China.
What phono amp have you ordered?
As you can see I have the Reflex M with PSU1 and vary happy with it.

-------------
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

For at least the last 11 years Wink

We have a distributor and a trademark registered with the PRC till 2025. It was mainly for the headphone amps.

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: patientot
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 8:30pm
Welcome, enjoy your new gear when it arrives.

-------------
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:04am

Welcome
Hi from jonathan
What phono amp have you ordered?
As you can see I have the Reflex M with PSU1 and vary happy with it.

I ordered directly from this website.  The Reflex M with PSU1.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:16am
Just been told by Graham you have been able to get GS in China for 11 years, just shows how much I know. Great choice of phono amp. I see you have only got into Vinyl in the last 2 years, How did you get into it? Me I was buying records from the 1970s but stopped when CDs came out but even then I would buy more compact cassettes, this had more to do with being able to play them out and about and in the car. I would buy records play them and then record them to cassette, Back in the day we could get 12 inch singles on vinyl and I would make what we called a mix tape it was great fun I wish I still had them!!
Recording back then was a lot easier than it is with digital today but a lot more time consuming, I have just started ripping my CDs and it only takes mins but I am enjoying it but not as much as I did when recording vinyl.

-------------
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.

Posted By: ICL1P
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:18am
Recording vinyl today isn’t difficult, you should try it.

-------------
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:25am
Ifor
I have thought about it but just haven't got round to it.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:28am

Just been told by Graham you have been able to get GS in China for 11 years, just shows how much I know. Great choice of phono amp. I see you have only got into Vinyl in the last 2 years, How did you get into it? Me I was buying records from the 1970s but stopped when CDs came out but even then I would buy more compact cassettes, this had more to do with being able to play them out and about and in the car. I would buy records play them and then record them to cassette, Back in the day we could get 12 inch singles on vinyl and I would make what we called a mix tape it was great fun I wish I still had them!!
Recording back then was a lot easier than it is with digital today but a lot more time consuming, I have just started ripping my CDs and it only takes mins but I am enjoying it but not as much as I did when recording vinyl.
Ha, 1970s - I was just born. That's why I missed the golden time of vinyl and just started after they seem to revive.  I mainly buy used at discogs or at taobao.com, super large collection.  I reference to a Penguin published 1975.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:39am
Hi Lang
I buy mostly from discogs when buying on line, but I do like to go to record shop I find it a lot more enjoyable.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:50am

Hi Lang
I buy mostly from discogs when buying on line, but I do like to go to record shop I find it a lot more enjoyable.
Don’t have any good ones in Shanghai. Before the pandemic, I traveled very frequently to US and I enjoyed second hand record shop very much. But gone are the days. 

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 2:42pm
Welcome to the forum Lang.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 12:33pm
there are some good ones in Plymouth but I find that they don't stock the music I like so most times I ask them if they can find it for me, A lot will do that but it's not has good as finding it for your self and taking home to play. I do buy a lot of new vinyl but if I do I mostly go to a place called Totnes which is about 1/2 hr from where I live. I bet you miss going to record shops

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net