Print Page | Close Window

Hello

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: New Members Corner
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4693
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:25am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hello
Posted By: stu
Subject: Hello
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 4:43pm
New member from Arkansas. Joined because i'm looking to upgrade my Black Cube SE and am interested in a Graham Slee.  

Stu 

Replies:
Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 12:24am
Hi Stu, and welcome aboard. I’m a very happy Reflex M user, but I’d be investing in an Accession if I could afford it! The loan program is the way to go. That way you can hear for yourself in your own home and system what a Slee phono stage can do for you. 
What the rest of your system?
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 2:11am
Hi Mick my system has been

Nottingham Horizon  
modded rb250 
Hana SH 
Black cube SE
Opera Consonance KT66 Integrated  and 
JM Lab (FOCAL) cobalt 826
I have used this system for the better part of 15 years  (not the cart) but last week the integrated started having some problems so its going to the shop and I took the opportunity to order  a PS Audio Stellar pre and a Prima Luna power amp.  Cant wait for those to get here! 
So now I am looking at phono preamps and speakers...Cry

Stu

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 6:28am
I think there are a few Hana users here with the Reflex and/or Accession. Plenty of positive words spoken in these pages about that cart!
Good luck with the new gear! I really think it warrants an excellent phono stage. 
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Posted By: Pwog
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:10am
Hi Stu,

Welcome! I’m pretty new here as well. Seems to be a friendly place, with a lot of great information.

-------------
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 1:31am
Thanks Paul!

Posted By: Guy
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 6:46pm
Welcome to the gang Stu!

I joined recently as well & have gotten a lot of good info from perusing the topics & asking a few questions.

The loaner program (which I have not utilized yet) is brilliant. I don't know about you but I haven't got any retailers nearby that I can "borrow" from & as we all know listening is best done at home so being able to try something out is priceless (well......there is the postage).

I have been thinking about getting a Cube but they seem to work better with MC carts & I don't have the budget to swap out my MM Ortofon at the moment so...... 

Cheers  

-------------
Naim Supernait 3
Rega P8
Ortofon 2M Bronze
Naim CD5x
Flatcap 2
Rotel T11 tuner
AudioQuest Rocket 88s
Audioquest Chicago interconnect

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 7:54pm
Yep I'm in the same boat, all my gear listed above was auditioned at a great dealer in Kansas City that went out of business years ago. Now I'm  forced to the internet. The experience is not the same. 

I love my cube and it has been great with mc and mm for 16 years. But now since i have the upgrade bug again I wonder what in the Graham Slee line up can top it. 

Stu 

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:03pm
Hello Guy,

Welcome! I agree with you 100%, the loaner program is brilliant!

-------------
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20, Accession M, CuSat 50 interconnects

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
I just spoke with Bruce about getting on the list for a reflex and the accession. 

I honestly cant believe the loaner program is a thing. What a great opportunity.

Stu   

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 8:30pm
Nice Stu! Bruce is a great guy! I've been speaking with him to loan out an Era Gold V, Reflex M and Accession M.

-------------
Paul

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
Hi Stu and welcome from me.
Good to see you've found the loan program, amazing isn't it?
I'm sure you'll be impressed.

Happy Listening
Ian

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Posted By: Jackfrost61
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:04pm
Hello

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 8:13pm
Hi Greg, glad you joined Smile

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: lwdykes
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 11:41pm
Hi All,
I recently joined and Bruce has been assisting me with loaner equipment. Currently trialing GS Revelation preamp. Will likely order the Reflex M with mono switch when I am ready. But my first purchase will probably be Solo Ultra Linear headphone amp, which I am also trialing. Really enjoying listening to my headphones with this amp! Love it! Loaner program is excellent and Bruce is very helpful. 
Thank you!!

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 5:46am
Originally posted by lwdykes lwdykes wrote:

Hi All,
I recently joined and Bruce has been assisting me with loaner equipment. Currently trialing GS Revelation preamp. Will likely order the Reflex M with mono switch when I am ready. But my first purchase will probably be Solo Ultra Linear headphone amp, which I am also trialing. Really enjoying listening to my headphones with this amp! Love it! Loaner program is excellent and Bruce is very helpful. 
Thank you!!

lwdykes, you're welcome.Wink

Here to help,

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:56pm
Thank you for joining the forum.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net