Print Page | Close Window

Canada Loaner Program

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: Canadian Loaner Program
Forum Description: A members only service in Canada
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2504
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 1:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Canada Loaner Program
Posted By: korichards
Subject: Canada Loaner Program
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:50am
[Updated post] Graham has been kind enough to make his entire product range available for us in Canada to trial in our homes for a two week period. I will be administering the program, and it will officially launch this weekend - watch this space! 

In a nutshell, forum members who want to borrow equipment will need to:

• Provide proof of identity and a physical address (no P.O. boxes). Proof of identity could be a simple matter of name, address and phone number and some other reference point (such as a LinkedIn profile). It could require photo ID matching the address given (with the other information such as a drivers' license number blacked out).
  • Pay for shipping both ways, plus insurance of 1/2 the retail cost of the item. Payment will be via Interac e-Transfer, which at $1.50 is cheaper than a money order. If your bank is not a participant in the e-Transfer network (all of the Canadian big banks are), then a money order will be required.
  • Promise on good faith to return the item after two weeks' of use. Of course, sometimes life gets in the way and this will slip by a couple of days from time to time, and that's understood. I won't be able to ship items the same day they are requested either - there may well be a few days wait for them to go out.
All of the items remain the property of Graham Slee Products, and the loaner items are not for sale. I will post a list of Canadian retailers later.

[UPDATE]

Here's a list of the equipment available:

Gram Amp 2 Communicator 
Gram Amp 2 Special Edition 
Gram Amp 3 
Fanfare Elevator EXP  
Reflex M/PSU1  
Reflex C/PSU1  
Solo SRGII/PSU1  
Solo Ultra-Linear/PSU1 
Novo  
Voyager  
Era Gold V/PSU1  
Jazz Club pre  
Bitzie DAC  
Proprius mono block (2) 
Majestic DAC  
Revelation M pre  
Revelation C pre  
Plus one of every cable made by GSP.

If you are interested in borrowing any of the equipment, please send me a private message and I will get back to you with shipping costs, etc. The Bitzie is currently out on a two week loan . . . to me! But there's only a week left in it, so if you want that you'll get it soon . . .  

Replies:
Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 3:13pm
Well done "korichards" in taking on the Canada Loaner Program.
The forum members in Canada will be very pleased to now have loaner access.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:18pm
Great news, 'ko' - sorry don't know your first name (would you like to add it to your signature line?).

I hope you get lots of custom and Graham gets lots of orders! Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 10:08pm
Thanks for doing this. I hope you will help many fellow Canadians enjoy their music even more with GSP gear.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:43pm
Thanks Bruce, Bob and Jon. Name's Keith - yes, I'll add that to my signature, thanks for the tip. Details of what's available for Canadian members to be posted this weekend.

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:44pm
It's good to know you Keith.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

It's good to know you Keith.
+1 Smile

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:16am
Welcome to the fold Keith. Hope all goes well with the loaner programme.

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:51pm
Thanks Keith, the extension of the loaner program has been eagerly awaited by many in Canada. I just hope that those who wrote to me will still be interested.

We have been working on a new newsletter format, and as soon as I see your launch post, I'll be composing a newsletter to spread the word.

Graham

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: gfong
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:35am
Program sounds awesome... I'm hoping to take advantage of it very soon to try one of the ERA Gold V products.

-------------
Greg Fonger
Ontario, Canada

Posted By: decibels
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 10:43pm
Hello Keith, enjoying my recently acquired Era Gold V and now looking to dabble into the world of Headphone Amps. I am debating between the SRG and Ultra models, are you able to offer any insights from your experiences or feedback?

Also, I would love to try a unit on loan for the new year, what is the process for that?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 2:41pm
Hi decibels - with regard to the headphone amps, you'll get a more informed reply if you post to a larger section of the forum where others with more experience - including Graham himself perhaps - will weigh in.

To take part in the loaner program, just shoot me a private message once you've made your choice and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: discrete badger
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 3:40pm
I have the SRG and the UL (and the Novo and the Voyager!) 

The best advice would be to borrow both SRG and UL and see how they work for you, your equipment, and your tastes.

If buying unheard, though, my advice would be to choose the UL. The SRG is wonderful but the UL really has something extra. It's almost as if it doubles the space between your ears.

Posted By: decibels
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2015 at 5:51am
Thank you Keith & Badger,

Interesting perspective on the UL vs, SRG, makes it much more appealing! I am going to throw out a discussion in the general forum as well.

Thank yo u

-------------
Preet

Posted By: ch132
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 6:28am
This is truly fantastic and really supports the company's belief in the quality of their products.

Posted By: howard z
Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:04am
Hi,

Is the Canadian loaner program still active? I would love to hear a Gram Amp 2 se :)

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 1:30pm
Hi Howard, yes it is. Please PM me and we'll go from there.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net