Forum Description: Technical Q&A, hints and tips
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2437
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Superlux HD681 Evo
Posted By: Chris Firth
Subject: Superlux HD681 Evo
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 5:25pm
I have been fortunate to borrow a friend's Sennheiser HD650s for a fairly protracted period, and in the months I used them I came to appreciate their strengths.
Ultimately I cannot live with the recessed treble quality the stock HD650 has (it's where the HD650 falls down).

So I returned to my Goldring DR150s and balance was restored.

Now one brand that gets mentioned in quite a few places on t'interweb is Superlux.
At least the HD681 is mentioned all over the place, so I started to investigate where I could get a pair.
The consensus on the HD681 is that it's a bit hot in the HF department, but a small degree of modification corrects the balance and you end up with a killer set of headphones.

I managed to find a source for the HD681 in Germany, but I also found out that the HD681 had received further development to become the HD681 Evo, and they had corrected the fierce top end.
Intrigued I ordered a pair of the HD691 Evos, costing the grand sum of €37.00, and that included shipping.
The first pair got lost in transit, so a second pair were dispatched, leaving Germany on Monday, and landing at my front door on Wednesday.
And I was bowled over with their performance right from the off.

For €37.00 you don't get fantastic build quality, although they're built well enough, but you do get comfort enough for extended listening sessions, and they're an involving listen too.
To say I'm pleased with them doesn't cover it.
They get a recommendation from me Big smile

Replies:
Posted By: Stewboss
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 7:04pm
I might try a pair at this price!

-------------
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 7:43pm
This is where I got them http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm?sid=8bec65f63fdff627451c3fff9a04e2eb - http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm?sid=8bec65f63fdff627451c3fff9a04e2eb

Posted By: mitch65
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 8:23pm
Got to be worth a punt at that price Wink

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Posted By: Dave Friday
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2015 at 11:28pm
Just ordered a set.. Review later!

-------------
lp12,oc9mk3,ca610p,krimson40watt pa,kef105.4

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 8:32am
Another set ordered - in footballer's white Shocked (going to try and wean daughter off Apple earbuds!).

I hope you're on commission, Chris! Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:09pm
I just hope you like them!

Mine have been running for a couple of days now (I leave them on permanently at the moment, streaming Paradise Radio's 320kbps stream when I'm not actually listening to anything in particular), and I like 'em more each time I put them on.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:11pm
For those that want to try the high bitrate stream for Radio Paradise try this http://37.130.228.60/aac-320.m3u - http://37.130.228.60/aac-320.m3u

Posted By: Stewboss
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Chris Firth Chris Firth wrote:

This is where I got them http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm?sid=8bec65f63fdff627451c3fff9a04e2eb - http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm?sid=8bec65f63fdff627451c3fff9a04e2eb

That's the very link I was looking at Chris!

-------------
Equipment choices:

Playstation 3 SACD, Bitzie DAC, Meridian Explorer DAC, Lautus USB cable, HD250-II, HD650

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:04pm
Well I've pulled the trigger, at 28 quid it's got to be worth a punt Wink

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Posted By: ICL1P
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 7:55pm
I hope for Chris' sake everyone's happy with them. It would be a shame to see him hounded out of the forum.

-------------
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Posted By: marshmid
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 8:13pm
What!! For £28? I don't think we would that cheap.
Had it been £30, that might be different.

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 9:37pm
Oh I don't know, I'm pretty cheap Wink

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

I hope for Chris' sake everyone's happy with them. It would be a shame to see him hounded out of the forum.

I've already packed my bags in preparation, just in case I need to make a rapid exit Wink

Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 10:53am
If you don't like it, sell it on to get a little money back and see if you can get one of the Sennheiser models I've suggested on Ebay for a cheap price. Sometimes, you just gotta be in right place at the right time to get it quite cheap.

-------------
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

If you don't like it, sell him on Ebay for a cheap price.
That's a bit extreme!

-------------
Ifor
=====

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by Ash Ash wrote:

If you don't like it, sell him on Ebay for a cheap price.
That's a bit extreme!
LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 6:08pm
Amazing what you can buy on Ebay.

What is the 'Buy it Now' price for that sort of thing?

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2015 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

(going to try and wean daughter off Apple earbuds

That is definitely good parenting Bob.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

(going to try and wean daughter off Apple earbuds

That is definitely good parenting Bob.

Agreed, I bought my daughter some Sennheiser headphones last Christmas and, apart from breaking the first pair, really loves them.

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:13pm
They came today! Music;electric music for the mind and body( country joe and the fish) and schpongle
Cheap Huawei phone,
Sound ( straight out of the box) very clear sound ,nice to hear the overtones on the harmonica ( when sucked ) more backing voices etc
The bass is just starting loosen up...
Very well pleased!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Dave Friday Dave Friday wrote:

They came today! Music;electric music for the mind and body( country joe and the fish) and schpongle
Cheap Huawei phone,
Sound ( straight out of the box) very clear sound ,nice to hear the overtones on the harmonica ( when sucked ) more backing voices etc
The bass is just starting loosen up...
Very well pleased!

Ha! Mine arrived today as well, got them on low volume playing on repeat but I agree they're nice and clear straight out of the box. I'm going to leave them well alone for 24 hours then give them a good listen tomorrow evening Smile

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:07pm
Phew!!!
It's a good job I was working on the principle of no news being good news Wink

I'm still very pleased with mine, and they've been playing constantly over the last week in a bid to run them in.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 7:18pm
My daughter had a listen/ comparison ( senhiser hd 205) she said" less treble on the superlux"

-------------

Posted By: phildent
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 9:06pm
Mine arrived today too.A quick listen to Solaris-Nostradamus Book of Prophecies tells me they have plenty of bass already.Seem to compare well to my vintage AKG 140 and the wifes Sennheiser HD25-1 II.Will leave to run in for a few days and then try again.
Good tip Chris seem an absolute bargain for the money

Date Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 11:12am
Just got notification of mine being shipped . . . Getting all excited now Embarrassed

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Posted By: Drewan77
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 12:11pm
I wonder if Superlux/Thomann should be paying Chris commission !? (or at least giving to GSP as this forum is generating business for them !)

I have ordered a pair of HD681 Evos' in white as a nice little surprise for my Son-in-law as he needs a new pair of headphones and we are visiting them at the end of February. Of course I will need to try them out first Wink

-------------
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 4:09pm
My white Evos turned up today and the track I had cued up on the Raspberry Pi was the finale of Elgar's Enigma Variations (Mehta, LAPO if anyone's interested Embarrassed) - and what a stonking sound! Too much of a HF edge, but great depth and super-wide soundstage. They're playing a long, repeating Alan Parsons Project playlist now to burn them in - can't wait for their proper sound to emerge . . . Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:34pm
The pair I ordered on the 6th arrived yesterday, 2 days after dispatch from Germany - incredible!

In 'Imperial Stormtrooper' white, these have been on a continuous burn-in loop for just over 24 hours - I must say they really are quite impressive, especially at the price of a new double LP. As they lean slightly towards the bright side, I swapped the pleather earpads for the velour versions and this seems to tone things down nicely. (For anyone else planning this swap, the process is similar to fitting a bicycle tyre. Longish fingernails help to push the stretchy edge back under small gap around the plastic rim)

They present a lively and engaging performance, a very wide soundstage and impressive imaging. Although these are to be a gift, I could quite easily live with them myself

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 5:47pm
Two days! Mine took 5! Shocked

They should supply gold medallion and hoodie with the white ones IMO. Wink

Oh - the connection between mini-jack and 6.3mm adaptor was dodgy on mine - very loose. I had to use one of my own adaptors I had lying around at the back of a drawer.

But they do seem exceptional value for the  money. No doubt the output of a Taiwanese sweatshop . . .

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 6:03pm
They are now out of stock at thomann.de Re-supply not until 7th of March.

I have bought a number of items from thomann and their delivery has always been prompt.

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm
I have just ordered a pair from GlasgowCrossMusic via Amazon UK at ~£24.55 including postage. They now have 3 left.

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Posted By: suede
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 7:36pm
I've now put in an order for a pair myself, with the extra velour pads. At this price I'll simply be glad for an extra pair of half-decent cans but also I think it'll be quite fun just hearing how they sound and eventually what a few hundred hours or more of wearing them in will make of them.

The ones from GlasgowCrossMusic seem to be pre-evo so I suppose they'll "need" some minor tweaking as explained earlier in the thread. I got mine from Thomann to avoid this.

-------------
Proprius, Reflex M, Solo UL, Bitzie, CuSats & Spatia
---------------------------------
Johan

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 10:31pm
My pair seemed to have settled down now - they've been thrashed mercilessly for a couple of weeks , and have survived the onslaught Wink

I am more than pleased with the result - I could have spent a considerable amount more money on a pair of headphones that do not sound as good!
Yes, some of the more expensive cans out there are built from nicer materials and might offer a slightly higher degree of wearer comfort, but in terms of sound quality alone the HD681 Evos are quite a bargain.
Comments about the velour ear pads calming down the HF response are something I cannot reply to - I changed out the pads on mine before I plugged them in, as I'm not a great fan of having sweaty ears.
If the velour pads do tame the excesses of the HF response, then that is what I am listening to - I am more than happy with what I'm hearing.

The Superlux HD681 Evos hanging off the output of my GSP Solo II/PSU1 sound phenomenally good, right up there with the best of the ones I have heard to date.
It's a limited list to date, although that will be expanded in the not too distant future.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:28am
Johan,
Thanks for pointing out that the one's I ordered were not the Evo model. I contacted GlasgowCrossMusic and asked to cancel my order. Within hours I had a reply saying that it had been cancelled. So I thought they deserved a good word.

I have now ordered the correct item in 'white' from Thomann.

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 7:53pm
24hrs cooking and I've just sneaked a listen . . .

The HF is tamed, which is more than you can say for the bass - it's overpowering just about everything! But even without being outgunned by the bass, mid-range is kind of missing in action: recessed and brittle.

Let's hope some more burn in integrates the sound  . . . Ermm

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:21pm
If worse comes to worst and they should stay this way you could always try and sell them to some b**ts-head. Seems near enough to their signature sound (from what I've read). Just paint a "b" on the side and title yourself Dr.  Wink 

-------------
Johan

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:21pm

24hrs cooking and I've just sneaked a listen . . .

The HF is tamed, which is more than you can say for the bass - it's overpowering just about everything! But even without being outgunned by the bass, mid-range is kind of missing in action: recessed and brittle.

Let's hope some more burn in integrates the sound  . . . Ermm

Chris, maybe you better start looking for the door.

-------------
Ifor
=====

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:59pm

Chris, maybe you better start looking for the door.

Nah!
They need a good thrashing to get 'em to behave Wink

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 12:28am
24 hours is nothing really. I remember my Grados taking many hundreds of hours to reach their full dynamic potential.

-------------
Johan

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 1:00am
Mine seem to have calmed down a bit...found my laptop had 6 db boost at 80 cycles(per second ) that was a very fat bass!!
Played the whole of Tommy the other night ( with half a bottle of Rioja and a couple of cans!) brilliant !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 8:37am
You're ok, Chris. No need to pack. Yet LOL.

I had a pair of Senny 595s for a long time, loved them. But from new the sound was thin and weedy and I wondered what possessed me in buying them. But eventually they blossomed. I'm sure the Evos will do the same. But the process is confirming my family's view of me as an audio nutter for leaving the headphones blaring out 24 hours a day without wearing them. Embarrassed

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 7:48pm
Phew! Another 24 hours and things are calming down. There's still a lot of bass, but not so uncontrolled, and the mids have put in an appearance too. Listening tonight was from an old Lyrita LP of music by Holst with the English Chamber Orchestra. Certainly a good bass foundation, but not overpowering, and everything gelled together pretty well. Unfair comparisons with LCD-2s and Denon 7000s would point to a lack of refinement, but taken on its own terms, and at the price, the Evos are turning out to be quite remarkable. Any non-audiophile listener would struggle to come to terms with the fact that you could buy, oh 25-30 Evos for 1 LCD-2. Are the LCD-2s thirty times better? The eternal audiophile conundrum! I know I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the Holst pieces.

But it's back cooking now . . .Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 8:03pm
Chris,

Looks like you can unpack your suitcase again and cancel those flights.

Mine are on their way.

Marsh

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by marshmid marshmid wrote:

Chris,

Looks like you can unpack your suitcase again and cancel those flights.

Mine are on their way.

Marsh

Oh go on, make him sweat a while.

-------------
Ifor
=====

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 10:13pm
Nail biting stuff - the only audio forum where a few words from a moderator can make or break a man

Such power needs careful handling....no pressure Bob....

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

Nail biting stuff - the only audio forum where a few words from a moderator can make or break a man

Such power needs careful handling....no pressure Bob....
Yikes! Shocked

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:53am
Thomann de who sell hundreds of models of headphones have a customer review rating system. 276 customers gave the Evo 4.5 stars out of 5. Whatever their absolute ranking, I am sure their value for money will be excellent.

I know that all the comments in this thread, including mine, are light-hearted but is there a danger that they might prevent other forum members making bold recommendations?

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:11am
Fair comment Marsh, mine have now had several days burn in and I know they are going to delight my Son-in-Law when he gets them in 2 weeks time. He and my daughter are music lovers, not audiophiles and these have much more about them to appeal than dislike

I am not a serious headphone listener so probably not the best person to comment in depth - they do not have the linearity and accuracy of my HD540IIs nor the warm soothing tones of the HD650s and nothing comes close to my main system. Nevertheless, they are excellent value and not bad at all, probably well deserving of at least 4 out of 5, all things considered

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:27am
Yes, I wouldn't want to dissuade recommendations! The Evos are stunning headphones for the money. I've heard many worse at several times the price, and I'd like to thank Chris for bringing these to our attention. 

My experience with them highlights the need to persevere when a quick listen when new gives wholly the wrong impression. Of course there's also the issue of personal preference and one man's meat etc . . .Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 4:24pm
Sounds like a few of you have concluded that they are very good within their physical limits and for their asking price.

-------------
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 9:06pm
I think 'punching above their weight' would be an understatement. My initial findings are very positive and I'm going to have a good listen tomorrow when they should have had about 50-60 hours on them. Smile

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 8:24pm
Well, my Evos are up to 90-odd hours now and have turned into a very enjoyable listen. I'll be passing these on to my daughter, somewhat reluctantly I have to say, though I may well borrow them back when I want something lighter (in physical weight) than LCD-2s on my bonce Embarrassed.

These are definitely a bit of a 'giant-killer' and would seriously embarrass many expensive headphones out there.

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 9:49pm
I would like to say Thank you, Chris, for your impeccable advice.

I never doubted you for a micro second and I have now stopped taking the tranquillisers.

My pair are now in the sorting depot in England. So only one more border to cross.

-------------
Marsh
-------------------
Reflex M, Solo UDLE

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 10:23pm
I'm beginning to wish that I had even the slightest interest in headphones.

-------------
Ifor
=====

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 10:49pm

I'm beginning to wish that I had even the slightest interest in headphones.

I didn't have the remotest interest until about 6 months ago and that was only because the wife and kids were hogging the TV so I had no choice but to hide behind a pair of headphones LOL

-------------
Greg

Rega Planer 3
Gram Amp 2
Audiolab 8000A
Auralic Aries Mini
Russell K 50

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by mitch65 mitch65 wrote:

I didn't have the remotest interest until about 6 months ago and that was only because the wife and kids were hogging the TV so I had no choice but to hide behind a pair of headphones LOL

It's a similar(ish) story here, only in my case it was me listening to music after the TV had been turned off and my son had gone off to bed.
I had a few "can you turn it down?" requests, so I decided to make better use of the Goldring DR150s I have.
Now I spend more time listening via headphones Wink

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 3:10pm
If it hadn't been for my developing an interest in headphones some 4 or 5 years ago, in order to enjoy music late in the evening without the risk of disturbing any neighbours, I might not have come across GSP Audio at all. In a review of the headphone I was planning to get, the Solo UL was named the perfect partner along with praise of the CuSat50 as the reviewers favourite interconnect. That sparked an interest and today I'm very happy for it and all that has followed since.

Hopefully I'll get my HD681s before long. It turns out the black model I ordered last week is now out of stock at Thomann, so I've made a request to change the order to the white one instead. I just hope the amended order goes through before they too sell out... Confused

-------------
Johan

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 10:23pm
Finally got mine in the post today. First impression out of the box: Must locate the rebel base.
Serious though, the first impression of the sound was them being a bit murky and unrefined sounding straight out of the box, with a clear dip in the mids and a slightly jarring treble. But pretty soon they also exhibited quite an alert and fast-paced sound signature, reminding me a bit of Grado's in your face "funness"..

A few hours in they have settled down in the treble but developed a distinct boominess. But at least they seem to handle this emphasized bass pretty OK already. The bass is fairly responsive and defined at least, albeit excessive.

Bottom line, after only a couple of hours: Although they sound a bit unrefined and boomy now, I've got good hope they'll turn out to be some great headphones not only for their price. So big thanks for the tip on this Chris!

-------------
Johan

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 6:05pm
Today the lack of a midrange seems even more pronounced. It's very suppressed between the boom and the treble, like having an overdone loudness setting on. I hope this is just a passing phase...

-------------
Johan

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 8:57pm
Have faith and give 'em a good thrashing.
Mine have been playing a loop of Led Zeppelin since last night - they have largely settled by now, but still responding to the hours being put on them.

Date Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by suede suede wrote:

Today the lack of a midrange seems even more pronounced. It's very suppressed between the boom and the treble, like having an overdone loudness setting on. I hope this is just a passing phase...
I found the same, Johan. The mids did come back after another 24hrs solid playing ...

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 1:10am
That's good to know. The burn-in process sure is proving to be a rollercoaster ride. I'm still baffled by the many people who refuse to acknowledge its existence, regardless of what product. After all you only need two ears to tell and it's not like it's subtle at all.

-------------
Johan

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 9:27pm
Agreed Johan! I can understand many people thinking of cables as simple conductors and disputing the existence of burn-in but surely anyone would think of the physical materials involved in a speaker or headphone and expect the sound to change from new?

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:40pm
18 or so months down the line, and I'm continually impressed by these headphones.
Their resolution is excellent, and they're always musically satisfying.
As they've run in I've gradually reduced the playback volume, and the music is still totally engaging.

I'm more than pleased to have given these a go - they really do have to be a headphone bargain Smile

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:04pm
My son's taken over the pair I bought. Rarely seen without them . . . LOL

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:44pm
Likewise with my American son-in law, he really loves his (Princess Leia) version.

The LH channel stopped working after continual use for about 14 months & Thomann offered to replace within Europe without charge - excellent customer service. I collected the faulty pair in July, they sent a new set to the UK very promptly and my wife is taking these over on Thursday when she visits.

-------------
Andrew

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 4:48pm
My pair are in Imperial Stormtrooper white, too . . .

Good to know about Thomann's customer service.

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net