Print Page | Close Window

US Loaner Program

Printed From: Graham Slee at Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: US Loaner Program
Forum Description: A memers only service in the US
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1997
Printed Date: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: US Loaner Program
Posted By: BAK
Subject: US Loaner Program
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 6:58pm
The US Loaner Program is back!

See message from Graham Slee here:

https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/topic2421.html - Graham has kindly supplied many of the GSP Audio phono preamps, headphone amps, a pair of Proprius Mono Block Power Amps, Majestic DAC (Preamp), and some cables so US members of this forum can borrow them. There are SMPSU and PSU1 power supplies to accompany them so you can hear a GSP unit at home, and find out how well each one sounds in your sound system. The loaner units are not for sale.

As of September 2018, I now have the Enigma PSU1 available... you may use it with any phono stage or the Majestic DAC.

The US Loaner Program is a two week minimum trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.

You will need to cover the shipping each way with loaner-value insurance (I will give the cost for each shipment with PM) but I have packaging materials that you can re-use to send the equipment back after the loan.

You will have to give a physical address to receive any loaner equipment, no PO boxes.
Important requirements are needed for added security.  
A physical address and contact phone # are required for loaners sent.
Here to help,
Bruce

PS: There is a discount for those who post on the forum.
For a current description of the discount see Graham's newest post about 
 "Forum Discount Terms & Conditions" ...
http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html - http://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum-discount-terms-conditions_topic4198.html

The US Loaner Program units available are listed below:

Phono preamps:

MM Gram Amp 2 Communicator w/ SMPSU

MM Gram Amp 2 Special Edition w/ SMPSU

MM Reflex M w/ PSU1 

MM ERA Gold V w/ PSU1

MM Revelation M w/ PSU1

MM Accession M w/ PSU1

MC Elevator EXP w/ PSU1 (use with MM preamp)

MC Reflex C w/ PSU1 

MC Accession C w/ PSU1 or Enigma PSU1

MC Revelation C w/ PSU1

As of September 2018, I now have the Enigma PSU1 available... you may use it with any phono stage or the Majestic DAC.

Headphone amps:

Solo SRGII w/ PSU1

Solo Ultra-linear ULDE w/ PSU1

Novo w/ SMPSU

Voyager (USB powered)

Power Amps:

Proprius Mono Block Amps, 2 units with special power supplies

Digital to Analog Converters:

Bitsie USB DAC (USB powered)

Majestic DAC (Preamp) with special PSU1

Cables:

Cusat50 ; 0.6 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair

Cusat50 ; 1.0 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair

Cusat50 ; 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair

Lautus ; 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair

Lautus ; 1.5 meter, RCA to XLR, pair (single-ended for use with Proprius Amplifier inputs)

Lautus ; 1.5 meter, RCA to 1/4" TRS, pair (single-ended for use with Majestic DAC outputs)

Libran ; 1.5 meter, 1/4" TRS to XLR, pair (Balanced cables,for Majestic DAC outputs to Proprius inputs)

Lautus USB cable ; 1.2 meter

Lautus USB power "Y" cable ; 1.2 meter

Spatia speaker cables ; 1 meter and 3 meter and 6 meter pairs

Spatia speaker links ; 6 inch

Please see the main HIFI SYSTEM COMPONENTS website for more details of the different products.

Please PM me if you are interested and let me know which equipment you want to borrow.

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Replies:
Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 8:13pm
Great news Bruce!

Well done for taking it on. We all owe thanks to the loan facilitators for giving up their time to spread the GSP word .

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:55am
"Here to help"

Bruce

PS: Having some electronics engineering experience in:
radio communications, SW + AM + FM + VHF + UHF antennae, sound reinforcement systems, security alarm systems, automotive electrical systems, and (recently) 20 years in medical electronics...
I recognize a well designed circuit of many kinds.

Music and sound reproduction are my favorite hobbies for over 45 years.
I have built my own stereo system from FM tuner through to power amplifier.
I made my 1st turntable with a tube amplifier at age 15. 
The FM tuner is still going (from a kit) 25 years; the preamp has been replaced a few times;
the power amp (from a kit) is 40 years old now...rebuilt in 1996 with higher grade parts.
Still fine tuning speaker designs, many tried.

Graham Slee products are among the best for design simplicity, lasting quality, and cost.
I expect Graham Slee products to out last most of similar units available today. 

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: mrarroyo
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 10:43am
Glad to see this is back on the ground!

-------------
Miguel

Posted By: Suggs
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by mrarroyo mrarroyo wrote:

Glad to see this is back on the ground!

Me too Clap

-------------
Derek

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:25pm
Glad to see the US loaner programme is back. best Wishes to Bruce in managing this unique facility. it's things like this that make the GSP difference.

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:38pm
Am looking forward to everything being involved with Graham Slee and company!

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: bmbrown911
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 1:18am
Is the Ultra Linear the new Diamond Edition or the original?

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:57am
Originally posted by bmbrown911 bmbrown911 wrote:

Is the Ultra Linear the new Diamond Edition or the original?
It is the new Diamond Edition (ULDE).

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Glad to see the US loaner programme is back. best Wishes to Bruce in managing this unique facility. it's things like this that make the GSP difference.
ALSO...
Graham Slee products are among the best for design simplicity, lasting quality, and cost.
I expect Graham Slee products to out last most of similar units available today. 
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 7:12am
Awesome. May be interested in an audition sometime in the future.

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by bmbrown911 bmbrown911 wrote:

Awesome. May be interested in an audition sometime in the future.
Please PM me if you are interested.

You will need to cover the postage each way. I have packaging materials that you can re-use to send the equipment back after the loan. You will have to give a physical address to receive any loaner equipment, no PO boxes.

The US loaner program is a two week trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 5:39pm
Sounds good. I will keep you posted.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by BAK BAK wrote:

Please PM me if you are interested. The US loaner program is a two week trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.
Here to help,
Bruce
I am taking a 2 week vacation (holiday) from October 20th through November 2nd. I will not have email or internet access during that time. Any messages received will be answered when I get back.
Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 7:40pm
I am back from my Holiday seeing friends, family and my hometown of Newport, RI.
 All went good, much catching up.
 Please PM me if you are interested. The US loaner program is a two week trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.
Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: less
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 6:39pm

"Here to help"

Bruce

PS: Having some electronics engineering experience in:

radio communications, SW + AM + FM + VHF + UHF antennae, sound reinforcement systems, security alarm systems, automotive electrical systems, and (recently) 20 years in medical electronics...

I recognize a well designed circuit of many kinds.

Music and sound reproduction are my favorite hobbies for over 45 years.

I have built my own stereo system from FM tuner through to power amplifier.

I made my 1st turntable with a tube amplifier at age 15. 

The FM tuner is still going (from a kit) 25 years; the preamp has been replaced a few times;

the power amp (from a kit) is 40 years old now...rebuilt in 1996 with higher grade parts.

Still fine tuning speaker designs, many tried.

We'll said Bruce!

This [post above] amounts to a ringing endorsement for Graham Slee and the products he slaves over to design, that we may enjoy music and more of it.

Graham, it must be very heartening for you to read posts like this one by Bruce, another electronics engineer, rather than the twaddle talked elsewhere

Regards
Les

-------------
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 6:52pm

Thank you Les.

I think of Graham as a kindred spirit and a great person to know.Wink

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 7:20pm
Thanks. It's great to have your support.

Graham

-------------
Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:37pm
Hello all,
 Please give a big welcome to "Grounhog"; a new forum member arranging a loaner!

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Groundhog
Date Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 4:14pm
Thanks, Bruce.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the Reflex M.

-Brent

Posted By: dosprompt
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 1:19am
Hello Everyone,

As of today I am I proud "loanee" of Gram Amp 2SE and Reflex M preamps and Solo headphone amp.  Big thanks to Bruce for coordinating, packing and sending!  It feels like Christmas all over again!Tongue

I will share my thoughts once I have had a chance to spend some quality time with the products.  My initial impression: chills!  I have been a music lover all my life and have somewhat recently become interested in vinyl.  I plan to use these products for a headphone only rig, simply running TT->preamp->headphone amp->headphones.  

I often listen to music while working at my desk.  This afternoon I simply could not work while listening to music.  The music became so alive and consuming that I kept getting pulled in, noticing new details here and there.  

Josh

Thanks again to Bruce.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 8:34am
Hi Josh, welcome to the forum and to the sound world of GSP! You've got a lot of listening to do Wink. You need to keep the kit continually powered up to get the best performance. Have a good time!

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 12:24am
Hi Josh!
 I am glad you enjoyed your loaned GSP equipment!
The loaner program is available to GSP Audio Forum members for that personal experience.
  Please note: the forum is open to all audio enthusiasts; you are welcome to invite others.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 11:05pm
Hello!

The loaner program is available to GSP Audio Forum members for that personal experience.
See the 1st page of the US Loaner Program topic to view available loaner units.

Please note: the forum is open to all audio enthusiasts; you are welcome to invite others to join the forum.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 9:27am
The quality audio sector probably represents less than 1% of all AV sales (phones and computer stuff excluded), and around 99% of that 1% is probably Chinese made. Our biggest market is China because the Chinese won't buy Chinese made audio, and therefore Chinese made audio is aggressively marketed - and there's no place as aggressive as the USA when it comes to marketing.

Therefore I understand how you must feel Bruce, but you have all my thanks in being there and making our loaner service available to the tiny minority who are able to see further than their noses. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 9:24pm
Hello!

Please note: the forum is open to all audio enthusiasts; you are welcome to invite others to join the forum.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:14pm
Hello!

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:22pm

Hello!

Here to help,
Bruce

I am Here to helpWink

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: bakastra
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 2:03am
Hello Bruce!
Is there perhaps a Majestic DAC available for a loan? It was not on the first page menu, but since Christmas is coming I thought I'd ask...

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 4:14am
Hi Karl,
 Thank you for your interest in the GSP Majestic DAC.
I do not have one of these.
 I do have a Graham Slee Bitzie USB DAC if you would like to try it.
I am waiting for the Majestic DAC to be added to the US Loaner stock.
You can use the private messenger in the forum by clicking on the drop-down arrow by my name (or any member's name) for secure communication.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: acousticgen
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 7:09pm
How do you get started? I would love to try the MC elev with the reflex MM. I have a new system with a Denon dl-s1

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 7:15pm
Bruce (BAK, above your post) should do a reply as soon as he notices it. If not, try sending him a message: click down arrow after his username and select "send private message"

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 12:34am
Originally posted by acousticgen acousticgen wrote:

How do you get started? I would love to try the MC elev with the reflex MM. I have a new system with a Denon dl-s1

Hi acousticgen,
 Thank you for your interest in the GSP MC Elevator and Reflex M.
I do have both of these in the US Loaner stock.

I am sending you a message via "send private message" in the private messenger on this forum.
It should make itself known when you log in.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: GalaxyVintage
Date Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 8:00pm
Am I be able to join this program if I am from Canada?

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by GalaxyVintage GalaxyVintage wrote:

Am I be able to join this program if I am from Canada?

Not yet, but hopefully very soon the loaner program will be available in Canada. It will be announced in the News section as soon as the equipment ships out.

The problem in shipping it across the border is the customs clearance.

-------------

Posted By: Ric45
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 4:06am
Graham,
    I'm interested in trying out the Communicator phone pre amp. Where do I start/what do you need?

Rick

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 8:44am
Welcome to the forum Rick!

Just PM Bruce (aka BAK) and he'll sort out the loan of the Communicator for you.

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2015 at 3:59pm
Hi Rick,
 Thank you for your interest in the GSP Communicator phono pre amp.

I am sending you a message via "send private message" in the private messenger on this forum.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Ric45
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 2:51am
MM and BAK,
   Thanks for reaching out. You guys do rock!!  Clap

Rick

Posted By: grey17
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 7:13pm
Hi Bruce,
I'm a new member and am considering the purchase of the Reflex M and Cusat50. Would you send me the details on how the loaner program works?

Thanks

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 11:20pm
grey17, Welcome to the forum !

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:01pm
The US Loaner Program now has the following additional items in stock:
"ERA Gold V" MM phono preamp
"Majestic DAC (preamp)"
"Libran" 1/4" TRS to XLR balanced cable pair

See ...
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html

for the updated complete list of the US Loaner Program stock items.

Here to help,

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 3:30pm
REPOST...
"Majestic DAC (preamp)"

See ...
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html

Here to help,

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 5:31pm
REPOST...
"Majestic DAC (preamp)"

See ...

Here to help,

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Sturgus
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 2:42am
Bruce, would like to try and have a listen to the Accession. How does the loaner program work?
Thanks
Sturgus

-------------
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 5:30am
Hi Sturgus,
 I sent you a Private Message.

Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2016 at 3:35am
Accession MM phono preamp
Revelation M phono preamp

NOTE: The Accession already has a waiting list to borrow... 3 that I have communicated with.
 #1 and #2 know who they are... Wink

See ...

Here to help,

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: john0067
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm
Hello,

I would like to try the MM Accession w/ PSU1 or the MM Relex  phono pre-amp. Thank you.

Regards,

John

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by john0067 john0067 wrote:

Hello,

I would like to try the MM Accession w/ PSU1 or the MM Relex  phono pre-amp. Thank you.

Regards,

John

I sent you a Private Message.

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: john0067
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:12pm
Ok. Let me know it gets back, and how much it will cost to ship. Thank you.

John

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by john0067 john0067 wrote:

Ok. Let me know it gets back, and how much it will cost to ship. Thank you.

John

I will do that by PM only.
The PM system protects yours and my personal info.
It is more appropriate for your contacting me.Wink

Please see the 1st page of this topic @:
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997_page1.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997_page1.html

You can also contact me via my email if you wish as shown on my last PM to you.
As stated in that PM, you will have all my contact info, including my address and phone # before sending your payment for shipping.

All Private Messages automatically come to my email, too.

Activity here does help others see the US Loaner Program is very active. Thank you!Thumbs Up

All... the US Loaner Program is now at 10 loaner requests in 2017, and it is only March!
 That is the same as all of 2016 !!Star

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 12:54pm
All... the US Loaner Program is now at 10 loaner requests in 2017, and it is only March!
 That is the same as all of 2016 !!Big smile
   {During 1 week in February I had 4 requests.}
All of the loaner phono preamps are currently out ( some with a waiting list)
 except the three MC preamps: MC Gram Amp 3 Fanfare, Reflex C, and Revelation C.

The three MC preamps have been out before Feb 2017.

For the complete inventory in the
US Loaner Program,
and your initial instructions to take part in the
US Loaner Program,
 Please see the 1st page of this topic @:
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997_page1.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997_page1.html

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: tmoody
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:08pm
^^^

Since Bruce indicates that activity here helps create awareness of the loaner program, I figured I'd chime in. I'm soon to receive the Reflex M (thanks Bruce!) and on the list for the Accession...

A fantastic service!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:18am
The US Loaner Program now has 3 new units:
 a silver Accession MM,
 a black Accession MC,
 and an Elevator EXP.
Also, the Lautus USB power "Y" cable has been added.

The 1st page of this topic has the complete list updated.

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:49am
Great work Bruce!

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: Pelts
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:06pm
Hi fellas,

Would love to demo a Slee Reflex M.  Currently my super scout is going directly through to a Denon Avr via a phono input.  Not sure if I’m leaving some fine details out by doing this so I’m very excited to see what a HQ phono preamp can do!

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:14am
Welcome to the forum Ty. If you send Bruce (BAK on posting above) a private message using the drop menu under his user name, he will be in touch to arrange a loan for you.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears, whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: Pelts
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:19pm
Thank you!  Will do. 

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 5:18pm
 Hi all prospective US Loaners,
 When I send you a PM on the forum about addresses and legal stuff,
Please read through the PM to find all the details.
I have tried to address all the requirements as this is a very vulnerable program.
All members of the forum are the owners of the loaner program stock.
We are all responsible for it’s safety and care, and to share with other forum members.
This is how Graham Slee himself set up the program.

A message from Graham Slee himself at:
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html" rel="nofollow - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html

You will find a definite sound improvement using any of Graham Slee's designs for a particular function.
Graham Slee designs all of his audio circuits with sound quality and longevity as his primary objectives… built to last. 
 The range of MM phono stages he makes is as follows, lowest quality and least cost first to best quality and most costly:
Gram Amp 2 - Communicator
Gram Amp 2 - Special Edition
Jazz Club
Era Gold V
Reflex M
Revelation M, a Reflex M with adjustable LP EQ
Accession M, with variable output level control and 
adjustable LP EQ
Accession MC, with variable output level control and adjustable LP EQ

Michael Fremer did a great review on the Era Gold V.
He also did a review of Graham Slee's Reflex M.
Graham designed the Reflex to have faster "reflexes" to improve detail and it replaced the Era Gold V as his flagship model at that time.
The Reflex M is built on the same pcb as the Era Gold V.

When I joined this forum, I was looking for a phono stage to improve my system. Separate phono stages are great for doing just that. In 2010 to 2011, Graham Slee was just coming out with his Reflex M when I had borrowed the Gram Amp 2, Special Edition. I was blown away with how that sounded. Then I tried the Reflex M and WOW happened. I did hear those "faster reflexes" as promised.

When the opportunity arose for a new US Loaner Program coordinator I jumped on it. I now can borrow all of his units and find I still love the Reflex M. (I haven't had a chance to truly audition the Accession M since other forum members keep it out so much there is a waiting list 2 to 4 deep constantly.) The Reflex M is also very popular. It is the only unit that there are 2 of in the US Loaner stock.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: gsieg
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:52pm
I have just received a Graham Slee Era Gold under the US Loaner program.  So far it sounds really good.  But I am told the burning takes at least two weeks. My question is… Would a burn in time still be necessary if I was played by previous customers in the loaner program?

Is two weeks the minimum?

And does burn in mean just plugged in?  Or actually fed Audio?

What sonic improvements can I expect after two weeks?
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/burn-in-for-us-loaner-era-gold_topic4551.html#top" rel="nofollow">Back to Top

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 6:08pm
I just moved the above post here because it needs to be in the US Loaner Program forum. Thanks.

Graham

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by gsieg gsieg wrote:

I have just received a Graham Slee Era Gold under the US Loaner program.  So far it sounds really good.  But I am told the burning takes at least two weeks. My question is… Would a burn in time still be necessary if I was played by previous customers in the loaner program?

Is two weeks the minimum?

And does burn in mean just plugged in?  Or actually fed Audio?

What sonic improvements can I expect after two weeks?
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/burn-in-for-us-loaner-era-gold_topic4551.html#top" rel="nofollow">Back to Top
I believe the burn-in is enhanced by playing some music through a device.
Some like to wait a couple of days. I say, play music as soon as you wish to, it can only help IMO.

The point is... enjoy the music!Tongue
The sound will improve the longer it is powered up and should be burned-in 
 at a maximum of 2 weeks from brand new... sooner if already used.

[I wish there are emoticons for pleasing sound and wonderful sound.]

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 7:30pm
Surely if it's the Loan Programme unit, then it will have been "burnt in" already and just needs a day or so of being powered on to "stabilize".
Whatever the situation, remember that it will only get better with time.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the sound from the off.

Happy Listening
Ian

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:16am
I agree with Ian. When I’ve powered down my gear for a few days, it only takes a couple of days to come back on song.
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8/Ortofon 2M Black/Rega Apheta 2 - Reflex M/Elevator EXP - C.E.C. TL5 CD Transport - MacBook Pro/Roon - Majestic DAC - Solo ULDE (Focal Elear) - Proprius - PMC Twenty5.22

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:04pm
To concur, my advice to borrowers is generally to power up and give the loan gear a day or two to settle down before serious comparisons but start enjoying it straight away.

-------------
Jon

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:31pm

Hi all prospective US Loaners,
 When I send you a PM on the forum about addresses and legal stuff,
Please read through the PM to find all the details.
I have tried to address all the requirements as this is a very vulnerable program.
All members of the forum are the owners of the loaner program stock.
We are all responsible for it’s safety and care, and to share with other forum members.
This is how Graham Slee himself set up the program.

A message from Graham Slee himself at:
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html" rel="nofollow - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html

You will find a definite sound improvement using any of Graham Slee's designs for a particular function.
Graham Slee designs all of his audio circuits with sound quality and longevity as his primary objectives… built to last. 
 The range of MM phono stages he makes is as follows, lowest quality and least cost first to best quality and most costly:
Gram Amp 2 - Communicator
Gram Amp 2 - Special Edition
Jazz Club
Era Gold V
Reflex M
Revelation M, a Reflex M with adjustable LP EQ
Accession M, with variable output level control and 
adjustable LP EQ
Accession MC, with variable output level control and adjustable LP EQ

Michael Fremer did a great review on the Era Gold V.
He also did a review of Graham Slee's Reflex M.
Graham designed the Reflex to have faster "reflexes" to improve detail and it replaced the Era Gold V as his flagship model at that time.
The Reflex M is built on the same pcb as the Era Gold V.

When I joined this forum, I was looking for a phono stage to improve my system. Separate phono stages are great for doing just that. In 2010 to 2011, Graham Slee was just coming out with his Reflex M when I had borrowed the Gram Amp 2, Special Edition. I was blown away with how that sounded. Then I tried the Reflex M and WOW happened. I did hear those "faster reflexes" as promised.

When the opportunity arose for a new US Loaner Program coordinator I jumped on it. I now can borrow all of his units and find I still love the Reflex M. (I haven't had a chance to truly audition the Accession M since other forum members keep it out so much there is a waiting list 2 to 4 deep constantly.) The Reflex M is also very popular. It is the only unit that there are 2 of in the US Loaner stock.

Here to help,
Bruce
 I am hoping to see a break in loaner requests for the Accession M soon.
I will post my findings when I loan it myself
 (A benefit of being a Loaner Coordinator).

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:08pm
It's a well deserved benefit given all the people you have helped. Happy listening Bruce.

-------------
Jon

Posted By: mcmillin
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:00pm
How do I arrange to take advantage of the loaner program? I want to check out the following cable: Lautus 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by mcmillin mcmillin wrote:

How do I arrange to take advantage of the loaner program? I want to check out the following cable: Lautus 1.5 meter, RCA to RCA, married pair.

Hi Gary, the Lautus cable is excellent at removing and shielding any radio frequency interference (in addition to other noise) from audio signals being connected with it.

Send me a Private Message via the drop-down next to my username (BAK) to the left of this post.

Did you see the post at : 
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938" rel="nofollow - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938

It references a link to a message from Graham Slee himself at:

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: Pepsi_jeff
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 6:23pm
Hello BAK - I have had Graham Slee phono preamps in the past, and I am very interested in the new MM Accession M preamp with power supply. What do I need to do to try this preamp as a loaner?

Thank you,
Jeff Hinds

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2018 at 9:35pm
 Hi Jeff,

Send me a Private Message via the drop-down next to my username (BAK) to the left of this post.

Did you see the post at : 
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938" rel="nofollow - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:04pm
Hi y'all...
 I too have been very ill the past 10 days.
I'm hoping that today's good feelings last.

Send me a Private Message via the drop-down next to my username (BAK) to the left of this post. I will try to answer them shortly.

Check out the post at : 
http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938 - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/topic1997_post20938.html#20938

http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html - http://audio-forum.gspaudio.co.uk/loaner-program-primer_topic2421.html

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: CageyH
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:16pm
I hope you are feeling better Bruce.

-------------
Kevin

European loan coordinator

Posted By: patientot
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:24pm
Hope you are feeling better also...

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:28pm
I would like to report that the Accession M has just gone out on its 19th loan since July 2016.
It has been on loan about 80% (or more) of the time.

The Reflex M is 2nd at 50% to 60% of the time.

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: mhamilton
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:55pm
Interested in testing out the Accession MC.  I have a Benz Glider from a few years back  and have been using it with Spectral DMC-20 preamp.  I'm moving on from the preamp so I need a good phono-pre that lives up to the quality of the Spectral.  Please advise how we can set it up. 

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by mhamilton mhamilton wrote:

Interested in testing out the Accession MC.  I have a Benz Glider from a few years back  and have been using it with Spectral DMC-20 preamp.  I'm moving on from the preamp so I need a good phono-pre that lives up to the quality of the Spectral.  Please advise how we can set it up. 

Hello Michael,
Welcome to the Graham Slee members forum.
The Accession MC is currently available.

Please read the first post in this topic at...
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html - https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/us-loaner-program_topic1997.html

Then send me a PM (private message) by clicking on "private message" in the "drop-down" by my user name BAK at the top of that message or this message.

Here to help,
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:11pm
For the past 5 days I have been battling a sinus cold. This one was keeping me from eating or sleeping! Please be patient if I haven't replied to any posts.
This is combined with a constant, not pounding, vise-like migraine... it hurts to look at the computer.

I will reply as able. Give me some patience.
I am on the mend, getting hungry. 

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: patientot
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:05pm

For the past 5 days I have been battling a sinus cold. This one was keeping me from eating or sleeping! Please be patient if I haven't replied to any posts.
This is combined with a constant, not pounding, vise-like migraine... it hurts to look at the computer.

I will reply as able. Give me some patience.
I am on the mend, getting hungry. 

Those sinus colds and headaches are no joke (been there). Feel better soon. Smile

-------------
Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Jico Shibata, and Shure M35X cartridges.

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:07pm
It's good to hear your appetite is returning. Please get well soon Bruce.

-------------
Jon

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 12:32pm
I ate a BIG turkey dinner yesterday! 
 Now I feel like a balloon!

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: JazzHead
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 1:13am
Hello,
Would it be possible to signup for the loan program? I’m thinking of purchasing a MM ERA Gold V w/ PSU1 
but not sure if I should move that far up thee chain.

I have a Marantz 2285B and a Thorens 160 Super. What would you recommend?
-RB

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 2:15am
Originally posted by JazzHead JazzHead wrote:

Hello,
Would it be possible to signup for the loan program? I’m thinking of purchasing a MM ERA Gold V w/ PSU1 
but not sure if I should move that far up thee chain.

I have a Marantz 2285B and a Thorens 160 Super. What would you recommend?
-RB

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Forum.
Any of Graham's phono stages will work fine with your turntables.
The Era Gold V is now holding 3rd place after the Reflex M came out and the Accession M took the top place.

Please read the 1st post on the 1st page of this topic.
Then send a Private Message to "BAK".

Here to help, 
Bruce

-------------
Bruce
Enjoy Life Your Way!

Posted By: JazzHead
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 7:42pm
Thank you. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net