Print Page | Close Window

EU Loaner Program

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: EU Loaner Program
Forum Description: A members only service in the EU
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1231
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 7:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: EU Loaner Program
Posted By: FritzS
Subject: EU Loaner Program
Date Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Graham has kindly supplied many of the GSP Audio phono preamps, headphone amps, and some Cusat cables so UK members of this forum can borrow them. There are SMPSU and PSU1 mains supplies to accompany them so you can hear a GSP unit at home, and find out how good each one sounds.

You will need to cover the postage each way (I will post the typical costs for each piece of equipment soon) but I have packaging materials that you can re-use to send the equipment back after the loan. The loan in the UK is for a two week trial to allow burn-in and listening in your system.

Headphone amps:
Solo SRGII/PSU1
Solo Ultra-linear/PSU1
Novo/SMPSU
Voyager
Voyager (spatially enhanced)

Gives there a loan program outside UK? I am interested for the newest Solo with »analog« PSU.
I live in Austria an use a »green« Solo - upgraded with metal can OPA LME49720HA instead of the AD823.
http://www.stockhammer.eu/hifi/solo-main.php" rel="nofollow - http://www.stockhammer.eu/hifi/solo-main.php

PS: Today I test the new AKG K550 headphone and have the Q701 too for test.
About K550 - I posted more in this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/553944/akg-k550-new" rel="nofollow - http://www.head-fi.org/t/553944/akg-k550-new
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=12140&back=&sort=&z=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&forum_id=110&thread=12140&back=&sort=&z=1

-------------
AKG K812, K872, K712, Q701, K701, K501, K550, K271, Denon AH-D 7000
"Green" SOLO (with LME49860NA), WNA MKII
Marantz SA7001 KI, Philips CD650
Revox B790, G1042, Reflex

Replies:
Posted By: Suggs
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 2:39pm

It is my pleasure to introduce the European Loaner Program for certain items of kit from the Graham Slee Product line, including phono preamps, headphone amps and interconnect cables.Clap

This loaner program is a very generous one devised by Graham and will allow you to apply here to borrow for the home trial of a phono preamp or headphone amp totally free of charge, other than the cost of postage for the kit. I’m based in the Dordogne in South West France and the kit will be yours on loan for a two week period, which does not include the postage period to and from anywhere in Europe.

Please feel free to post here with any expression of interest and continue to watch this thread for further information, updates and availability of kit.

Cheers,

Suggs

Here is a current list of the items available under the loaner program. Please contact me here if you’d like to take part in the loaner program and have the chance to listen to one of these sensational pieces of kit in your own system.

Phono Preamps

Gram Amp 2 Communicator

Gram Amp 2 Special Edition

Gram Amp 3 Fanfare

Reflex M + PSU1

Reflex C + PSU1

Elevator EXP + PSU1

Headphone Amplifiers

Solo SGRII + PSU1

Solo Ultra-Linear + PSU1

Novo

Voyager

Voyager [Spatially Enhanced]

Interconnect Cables

Cusat50 1.5mt Dual Mono

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:14pm
Hi Fritz

In case you haven't picked up on it since your posting on this thread, I am now the official "loaner" for the EU so Graham's various marvellous products are available through me here in France Smile

Please feel free to ask for any products that may be of interest to you and we can sort something out accordingly.

Cheers

Suggs

-------------
Derek

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Suggs Suggs wrote:

Hi Fritz

In case you haven't picked up on it since your posting on this thread, I am now the official "loaner" for the EU so Graham's various marvellous products are available through me here in France Smile

Please feel free to ask for any products that may be of interest to you and we can sort something out accordingly.

Hi Suggs,
I am looking for the newest Solo with PSU1.

How high are the shipping costs?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:44pm
Hi FritzS

I don't know exactly as I haven't yet sent oneout, but having sent a similar sized package to Germany recently I would think we are talking around 17 to 19 euros (including insurance), plus your postage back to me.

By the way, I suppose that these postings  should now be in the EU loaner program thread, not the UK one!

I also see from your listing that you have the AKG K550 headphones...what is your opinion of them?

-------------
Derek

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 6:53pm
Hi Suggs,
I posted all my headphone reviews here
http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/dj-and-professional-headphone-user_forum12.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/dj-and-professional-headphone-user_forum12.html

K550
http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/akg-k550_topic1229.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/akg-k550_topic1229.html

-------------

Posted By: R_Bla193
Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 9:37am
Hi Suggs,

Is the EU Loaner Program still available?  I am in Berlin and interested in borrowing a Solo for use with Sennheiser HD600 headphones.  Which Solo would you recommend testing? 

Best Regards,

Robert

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 11:10am
Hi Robert

Yes it still running and I would be pleased to send you either of the Solo models. Please send me a Private Message with your details and I'll answer with how we can proceed. As far as which model, it may be worth trying the standard Solo first and then, if you want to, you can return it and try the UL version afterwards. I have used both with the HD600's and they both work well although they do different things (I won't say what as it will be best for you to discover this for yourself)

Regards

Derek

-------------
Derek

Posted By: R_Bla193
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 10:09am
Hi Derek,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I will send you a Private Message with my details soon.  I look forward to test-driving the Solo.

Best Regards,

Robert

Posted By: Jahmed
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:33am
Hi Suggs,

can you tell me how much it would cost to send a Reflex M + PSU1 to Finland? And what is the weight of the package so that I can check the costs of returning it back to you?

Cheers,

Jame

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 10:01am
An urgent message from your sponsor...

Please show your appreciation by "liking" all our web pages.

OK, I know you need a Facebook "account" to do that and not everyone has one, but for those who have, it will only take a minute or two of your time.

By going along and visiting our home page, headphone amp index and phono preamp index pages using the navigation bar above, you'll find the "like" buttons top-right of each page. Just click on each one and you'll do wonders for us, and in turn the extra exposure we get will make it possible to do even more great audio products.

Thanks in anticipation,
Graham

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 12:24pm
Hi Jame

The cost (including insurance of 750 euros) would be 22 euros. The weight of the package is 1.8kg.

Hope that is of use to you. At the moment the Reflex M is with me so there is no waiting time before I could despatch it.

If you want to proceed, please send me a Private Message with your address details and I'll get back to you straight away

Regards

-------------
Derek

Posted By: Jahmed
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 1:29pm
Hi Suggs,

thanks for your prompt reply. Sending the package back to you seems to be pretty expensive if the insurance is needed. As a normal package it would cost 23,- euros but that would be with no insurance. Adding the insurance would require sending the package as EMS and that would cost 50,- euros.

Maybe the 77,- euros would be better spend on the actual purchase, since there is the option to return it in 30 days should I not be satisfied with the Reflex (which I very much doubt).

Cheers,

Jame

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 3:00pm
Sorry to hear that the Finnish postal service is so expensiveThumbs Down, still, I'm sure that if you buy one you will be very happy (after it burns in).

Happy listening

-------------
Derek

Posted By: il Dottore
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:24pm
Hello,
Greetings from Emerald Island!
When Proprius mono blocks will be accessible in EU loaner program?
Can I place myself in the Q? :)
Kindest regards
Chris

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 10:45am
Hello there Chris

You will need to apply on the UK loaner program as it works out cheaper for postage from there rather than France where I live

Happy listening

-------------
Derek

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 6:22pm
Hi Chris, please PM me about the loan.
Best wishes

Jon

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: Bfmcosta
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 4:13pm
Hello,
I just purchased a turntable, and this will be my first experience in the Vinyl world. Can I try the Gram Amp 2 SE?
I am in Portugal...
Thanks!
Bruno

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 5:29pm
Hi Bruno and welcome to the Forum Tongue.

I run the European Loaner scheme and will happily supply you with the Gram Amp 3 SE on loan.

If you would like to PM (Private Message) me we can get this sorted and to you quickly

-------------
Derek

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 12:02pm
Announcement

I am moving house next week and therefore the European Loaner Scheme will have to have a short rest while I get everything set up in the new place.

I will make a further announcement when everything is up and running again which hopefully won't take too long.

Cheers

-------------
Derek

Posted By: CageyH
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:31pm
Derek,

Have you finished moving yet?
I'm interested in trying out a couple of pairs of CuSat interconnects to see what difference they might make in my system.

-------------
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 8:32am
Hi Kevin

Yes the European Loaner Scheme is up and running again (there was an announcement)

Please PM with details of what you would like to borrow

-------------
Derek

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Suggs Suggs wrote:

Hi Kevin

Yes the European Loaner Scheme is up and running again (there was an announcement)

Please PM with details of what you would like to borrow

Derek,

I remember seeing something somewhere, but anybody looking at this thread wouldn't see it, and would be aware it was back up and running.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: UZ1
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 9:19am
Hi,
I'd like to join the loaner program.
Not only because I'm on a market for phono preamp, but also because of curiosity.
So, I'd like to start at the bottom of the price ladder and eventually make my way up.
ATB

Date Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 10:10am
Hi

I run the European Loaner Scheme for Graham. If you want to PM (Private Message) me, I can let you know how it works. What piece of equipment would you like to borrow and whereabouts do you live?

-------------
Derek

Posted By: UZ1
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2014 at 9:39pm
When the right time comes, I will comment on the phono preamp in appropriate thread, here I'd like to say I'm extremely grateful for this fuss-free loaner program. It is very helpful, especially for someone in a country without a serious network of audio distribution.

Thanks to this program, I was able to prove my diagnosis of my system, that the phono stage was the weakest link: with a fabulous TT and a good mid/entry level phono stage even my old budget amp and my old superbudget speakers are capable of very very good performance.

Also the 2 weeks test period is perfect. Sometimes new stuff seems great at the beginning, but the effect of something new soon wears off and turns out to be an improvement, but one that's not really satisfying. Two weeks are just about the right time to be sure, that is not the case.

So, thanks for this great program and please keep it running. If only more manufacturers would come up with similar solutions.

Posted By: viejo53
Date Posted: 14 May 2015 at 2:21pm
I like to loan a Gram Amp 2 Communicator.
Greetings, Fons Weijtens, The NetherlandsSmile

Date Posted: 14 May 2015 at 3:50pm
Hello Fons, welcome to the forum.

Please PM (Private Message) me with your details and I'll let you know how the loan scheme works

Derek

-------------
Derek

Posted By: Razamanaz
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 4:28pm
This loan scheme is such a brilliant idea! Thank you to Graham for offering it and to Derek for the administration.
I will most likely have a go within the next month or so. My system is still packed away due to some renovation work at home. I have ordered some new furniture and when that arrives I will set the system up again. Once I'm satisfied it is properly done (new layout of the room, so there will be some trial and error with positioning of speakers and other things), I plan to sign up for testing a phono amp. Just have to think about which one... (decisions, decisions)
Derek, I will PM you when I'm ready.
Approve

-------------
Simon

"And some people say it's just rock n' roll
Oh, but it gets you right down to your soul"

(Push The Sky Away, Nick Cave)

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 6:45am
I'm here, ready to help when needed Thumbs Up

-------------
Derek

Posted By: fons1953
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:53pm
Moderation: Blatant adverstising! See "A Rule of Fairness" top of every page please! AUDIO PARTNERSHIP PLC are doing quite nicely at a net worth of £1.9 million - a lot more than our £82,600... Grabbing more custom on these pages is just plain greed. Please observe etiquette.

Dear Suggs,

I would like to try at home (loan) the Reflex M + PSU1. Last year a loaned the Gramamp 2 through a French connection/loaner and had good results with it. Unfortunately it had no subsonic filter. Maybe this Reflex M + PSU1 has another sound quality so that I don't have to raise the bass level on my Onkyo A9555 amplifier to have some extra "warmth". (removed) My cartridge is a Denon HO MC DL160.TongueTongue

Kind regards,
Fons WeijtensSmile

Edit: address removed . . 

Fons - welcome to the forum! I've removed your address from public view and sent it to Derek (Suggs) via private message.

I'm sure you'll love the Reflex M!

Bob (morris_minor)

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 6:58am
Hi Fons

Welcome to the forum Smile

I have the Reflex available for loan (it's just come back from Holland) so please contact me via a PM (Private Message) and we can then sort everything out to enable you to have a loan

-------------
Derek

Posted By: Gekados
Date Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:25pm
And now the Reflex is in Sweden :)

Well, actually, has been here for a few weeks, most likely used by football practice by the Swedish postal service. Box looked horrible, but luckily Derek made an exellent job with the packaging and everything was safe.

All is connected and some casual listening has been initialized. Nice touch including the PSU 1 for a loaner !

-------------
I'm not harmful, just introspective. You can probably think I'm weird, but it's not harmful weird.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 1:42pm
Hello Ben

Welcome.

Do you know how the loaner scheme works?

I will get a postal cost for you and if you want to proceed, you pay for the postage via PayPal. I then send the item(s) to you and then, once they arrive at your home, you have two weeks to listen before having to return them to me here in France.

Hope that is good for you.

Will you want another PSU1 so that you can directly compare without having to power either of them down?

Let me know and I'll get the postal cost worked out accordingly

Regards

Derek

PS Please reply via a PM to me...it is not good practice to put your address onto the forum. The PM is secure whereas anyone can read the postings on the forum. I will delete your post for security reasons

-------------
Derek

Posted By: Eric
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 5:18pm
Today one Accession, one Reflex M and a pair of Spatia speaker cables has left Sweden for the journey back to France.
It has been some very interesting weeks with a lot of different music and testing.
When testing Accession connected directly to my power amps I realised that my preamp wasn't as good as I thought.

Thanks for this unique opportunity to test the equipment at home.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by fons1953 fons1953 wrote:

Unfortunately it had no subsonic filter. Maybe this Reflex M + PSU1 has another sound quality so that I don't have to raise the bass level on my Onkyo A9555 amplifier to have some extra "warmth".

Contradictory: A sub-sonic filter reduces the bass, but you want more bass, so how will that be achieved by reducing it?

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: nikydr
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 4:04pm
Hello,
I was very pleased to discover this website, and I read most of it learning useful and interesting technical information. I think the loaning program is amazing and I’d like to participate. First of all I will present my audio setup for you to decide if it worth to me use GSP units due to the technical limitations of my system. I know that in Hi Fi  audio you don´t get better sound than your weakest element in the system can do. I think that using GSP advanced units at their true performance requires an audio system able to reflect these top notch performance. My setup is as follows:
-record player Technics SL 1200GR
-cartridge Audio Technica VM 540ML
-integrated amp Cambridge audio CXA 60
-floorstand speakers Q Acoustics Concept 40
My present phonostage is ifi Micro iPhono 2 and I’d like to believe that I’ll be able to obtain better performance with GSP phonostage and  interconnects. What do you think?

-------------
niky

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by nikydr nikydr wrote:

Hello,
I was very pleased to discover this website, and I read most of it learning useful and interesting technical information. I think the loaning program is amazing and I’d like to participate. First of all I will present my audio setup for you to decide if it worth to me use GSP units due to the technical limitations of my system. I know that in Hi Fi  audio you don´t get better sound than your weakest element in the system can do. I think that using GSP advanced units at their true performance requires an audio system able to reflect these top notch performance. My setup is as follows:
-record player Technics SL 1200GR
-cartridge Audio Technica VM 540ML
-integrated amp Cambridge audio CXA 60
-floorstand speakers Q Acoustics Concept 40
My present phonostage is ifi Micro iPhono 2 and I’d like to believe that I’ll be able to obtain better performance with GSP phonostage and  interconnects. What do you think?
 This is the exact reason for the loaner program. Try one in your own home to see if it does make the improvement you are searching for.
 I'd try out the Reflex M for use with moving magnet cartridges.
It would bring out the best of your Audio Technica VM 540ML.
 The Graham Slee Revelation M is the same as a Reflex M but has added multiple EQ settings for a varied vinyl collection.
 The Accession M has 3 EQ settings and a variable output level to make a better level-match to your system if needed.
 Your choice for a loaner is open to any units that are available.

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Posted By: Richardl60
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 7:24pm
I wouldn't get too hung up on the weakest link principle. Yes any item stands to limit the ultimate performance but unless mismatched they generally shouldn't be an issue. Speakers may be more of an exception perhaps.  The loan scheme for home trial will enable you to determine for yourself how big the differences are and in my experience of the range they simply improve on what is already there 

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 8:02pm
Welcome to the forum Niky.
I would only echo the comments about the loan programme, trying in your own home is by far the best way to tell whether something suits you and your system.
I also agree with Richard that improvements should be noticed as there are really no particular weak links in your system.
Go ahead and take advantage of the loan system, what you try really depends on your budget because you will almost certainly want to buy whatever you audition. Wink
Happy Listening
Ian

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
Another welcome from me Niky!

I'd like to add that in my experience of auditioning equipment, the biggest change is often noticed when you revert back to what you had before. Wink

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Another welcome from me Niky!

I'd like to add that in my experience of auditioning equipment, the biggest change is often noticed when you revert back to what you had before. Wink
Thank you very much for this opinion. It's like a cold shower for my enthusiasm, you have confused me a little bit. I already ordered the equipments I'd like to test, and I really hope in a "waw" improvementSmile. Or may be you consider my setup incapable to play such an improvement! Tell me the truth, don't coddle me!CryBig smile

-------------
niky

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 2:20am
Don’t worry! Plenty of Technics 1200 and AT fans around here using these phono stages. I would think stepping up a price level over your current stage would bring very obvious benefits, and a cost-alike Slee would tell you a lot about the design ethos and priorities of Graham’s products.
Happy listening,
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:50am

Thank you very much for this opinion. It's like a cold shower for my enthusiasm, you have confused me a little bit. I already ordered the equipments I'd like to test, and I really hope in a "waw" improvementSmile. Or may be you consider my setup incapable to play such an improvement! Tell me the truth, don't coddle me!CryBig smile

Firstly, the Technics is a good TT, and I have heard the cartridge and it's good enough for me.

I used to like the Cambridge amps but that was around 40 years ago. If they're the same as then I think you're OK. It is a budget amp, but being built at cheaper cost by the Chinese (I guess), then it shouldn't be as "cheap" as its price would suggest. Who knows...

Speakers are all down to taste anyway, so I can't add much here.

There are some amps, and there are some rooms, which in combination murder the sound, but if we assume it's alright here, then you are going to hear a worthwhile improvement IMO. Just choose within your budget.

And as for the "miss me" factor, it is a good measure. It is the best way to audition. Just listen to it exclusively for the full two weeks and then when you send it back, revert to what you have. You will soon discover whether you miss it or not. And if you miss it, then it's for you.

I will add that often first impressions fade with time. This is what we all want to avoid. Better means better long term.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm
Do you think a digital room correction (something like Mini DSP Dirac DDRC-24) could be useful? I don't really have such problems, just asking.

-------------
niky

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 8:59pm
Rather than being unduly worried it is best to simply borrow the products you have in mind and then you will find answers one way or another.

-------------

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:11pm
Thanks for joining our community Niky, most things are worth trying in hifi providing you only pay if you like it. Hearing your music is the best test, I've found extended listening is the key to comparisons and the above advice about listening again without the new device is very good.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:02pm
The problem is at my age the hearing can be tricky, unfortunately my upper audio frequency has gone down from 17-18 kHz 30years ago to some 11-12 kHz today. But listening pleasure remained the same.

-------------
niky

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 6:08pm

11-12 kHz today

Most adults over 45 are around 13kHz, me included.

-------------

Posted By: pgtdofzh
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:22pm
hello everyone, I would like to know, if the loaner program also works for Switzerland. I very interested to try the Elevator EXP. 
Regards, Philippe. 

Posted By: ICL1P
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by pgtdofzh pgtdofzh wrote:

hello everyone, I would like to know, if the loaner program also works for Switzerland. I very interested to try the Elevator EXP. 
Regards, Philippe. 

Hi Philippe,
I don’t know the answer to your question, but someone will be along soon who does.  Having said that, to remove any doubt in the future, I would encourage your country to join the EU.

-------------
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 6:25am
Hello Phillipe, welcome to the forum.

Yes, Switzerland can be included in the European loaner scheme. I will send you a Private Message (PM) to  tell you how the scheme works

-------------
Derek

Posted By: pgtdofzh
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 4:06pm
cheers,

I belive, I ain't that powerful to encourage my country to join the EU.

Further comments on political topics, I'll keep for myself...

Posted By: tsburmester
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:41pm
Hello,

is the loaner program available for Denmark?

I have for some time considered upgrading my phono stage, and the Gram Amp 2 Communicator would be a serious contender. A direct comparison with the existing stage seems really interesting.

Best regards,
Thomas

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 1:43pm
Hello Thomas, welcome to the forum.

Denmark is included in the European loaner scheme. I will send you a Private Message (PM) to  tell you how the scheme works

-------------
Derek

Posted By: dprats
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 6:20pm
Hi everyone, Suggs,

I'm new to the forum but would love to try the Gram Amp 2 Special Edition. Can you let me know how to proceed?

I'm from Madrid (Spain).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

-------------
Daniel Prats

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 6:59am
Hi Daniel, welcome to the forum. I will send you a PM (Private Message) telling you how the scheme works and what to do next

-------------
Derek

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 7:11am
After many years of Derek (Suggs) running the EU loaner program, I have taken over to continue to offer this great service.

I would personally like to thank Derek for running this in the past, as I have borrowed several items from the scheme.

I now look forward to offering others the chance to do the same, so if you live in the EU and you want to borrow something, then please drop me a PM through this forum.

Regards,

Kevin

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: cgi2b
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:39am
Hi Everyone,

It is my first post in this forum. I live in France and would like to loan (and hopefully buy) an elevator explique device for my Hana SL Mc cartridge.

Could you please send me the information on how to proceed?

By the way, are there any users of this very same cartridge with the elevator? Any feedback?

Thank you for your help,

sincerely,

Claude

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 9:48am
Welcome to the forum Claude.
To arrange a loan contact Kevin with details of the items you want to trial. You can send him a private message (PM) by clicking on his name - CageyH - the dropdown menu will appear with the option to send a PM.
The Hana cartridges are well regarded and there are are several members that use them, I'm sure someone will relate their experience soon

Happy Listening

Ian

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:21am
Another welcome from me, Claude.

I have a Hana EL, so not quite up to Shibata level - and I can tell you it works very well with an Elevator. I use the 840 ohm setting, though like most things in hifi this is very system dependent and down to personal preference.

Here's a video (with HD sound) I made with the Hana going into an Elevator and then to an Accession phono amp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUsJENEJgxY - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUsJENEJgxY

Which phono amp will you be using with the Elevator?

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:00pm
Hi Claude,

Send me a PM about with your address etc. and I will be happy to help.
The Elevator Exp comes with a PSU1 as standard, and I have both here in Toulouse ready as part as of the European Loan Programme.

Regards,

Kevin

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:09pm
Just a word of caution Claude. For your security it's best to send personal details in PMs, rather than publish them in public areas. You should edit your post or one of the mods can remove your details.

Ian

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:11pm
Yes...I saw that...and removed my previous post to send you a PM...

Sorry for that.

Thanks.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:16pm
Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome and I am looking forward to listening to an elevator with my Hana SL.

Bob, your video is very impressive. Top notch sound!!

I guess my system is a little bit more "low profile"as I am using the phono section of my vintage integrated Marantz PM94. Would like to see the improvement compared to its MC section an its MM section using the elevator.

Sincerely,

Claude

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:01am
I'm sure you'll get on very well with the Elevator, Claude!

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:31am
The Elevator will be on the way to Claude tomorrow, so we shall soon find out.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
The loan scheme has started well for 2019.
If anybody wants to borrow anything, please get in touch as I am happy to help if I can.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: Fishoutofwater
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:29pm
Hi

I live in France and would like to "borrow" a Phono Stage. How do i do this?

Thanks

Bernie

Posted By: Fishoutofwater
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:33pm
Hi again. 

I meant to ask for the Reflex M. Thanks alot x

Bernie

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 3:25pm
Please "PM" Kevin by clicking dropdown right of CageyH, and clicking Send Private Message

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 4:18pm
Bernie,

Send me a private message with your address.
I will be in touch with a quote for the postage etc.

It has just gone out for loan, so it will be a few weeks before it is available.

Regards,

Kevin

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2020 at 9:41am
France has just passed into Stage 3 of the Coronavirus plan.
All non-essential shops will be closed, so I need to check if this includes the post office, or not.

If it does, then obviously the loan scheme will be put on hold for a few weeks. I will post more information when I have some.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2020 at 3:59pm
It seems like the post office will be remaining open, at least to deliver parcels etc.
Hopefully that means I can continue the loan scheme.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:44pm
I now have confirmation that the post office is closed. I can however still send parcels from my letterbox, assuming that I have the packaging available at home, that will fit in the letterbox.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 10:41pm
France is going back into confinement tomorrow at Midnight.
The loan scheme may become a little disrupted again.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 9:39pm
And we are back into confinement again soon (Tuesday 6th April). Initially planned for 4 weeks.
There may be a disruption to the loan scheme, as the post office may close down the local branch, and all non essential commerce closes. 

I will post more info when I have it.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: nonsko
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:50pm
Hey Kevin,
I was wondering if the EU loaner program is active or suspended for good.

Cheers
Nondas

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 6:55pm
It has not been very active recently, as nobody has asked for anything.

I am here to provide the service though. Just send me a PM with the details as descri ed in tbe "How does the loan scheme work" post.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 9:36am
As the confinement is finished, the loan scheme is back to normal.
Apologies for not updating this post before.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: jango100
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm
Hi

My name is Berni, and i would very much like to try the Reflex M with a mono switch. Would that be possible?

Thanks for your time and happy new year

Berni

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:34pm
Berni,

I don’t have a Reflex M with a mono switch, just a normal Reflex M.
Is that of any interest to you?

Regards,

Kevin

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: jango100
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:38pm
Thanks.

I would still be interested in hearing it if that is ok with you?

Berni

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
That is fine by me Berni.
Let’s go to PM to discuss the details. 
You will need to Pm me your address etc. and we will go from there.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: catacore
Date Posted: 29 May 2022 at 3:09pm
Hello Kevin

Wondering if you would have a Reflex M phono preamp with a PSU-1 available that I can borrow using the loaning program.

Thanks

Catalin

Date Posted: 29 May 2022 at 6:01pm
Catalin,

It is currently out on loan, but should be back with me towards the end of next week (at the earliest).

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: catacore
Date Posted: 29 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Hi Kevin
Thanks for reply. How should we proceed, then? Will you get in touch when you have it back? 
Regards

Date Posted: 30 May 2022 at 12:20pm
I will.
Please send me your address and contact details by Private Message, so I can send you the relevant details.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: woodchamber
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:53am
Hello Kevin

Back in 2014 I tried a Graham Slee Phono Phono-Pre. Now I'm interested in a new one. The  Accession MM with the PSU1 Enigma. Is this pre in the loaner program?

Best regards

Florian

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 2:12pm
The accession MM is on the loan scheme.
The Enigma PSU has just gone out on loan, so please send me a PM near the end of August so we can arrange the loan.

-------------
Kevin

Posted By: el_gasolino
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 8:33am
Hey guys,

I am new in this forum and very interested in GS pre-amps and would like to join the loan program. I am from Austria and would love to try the Era Gold. Could you please help me with the usual procedure of the loan program - is it still just writing CageyH a PM in order to receive further information?

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Marc

Posted By: BAK
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 2:26pm
"...is it still just writing CageyH a PM in order to receive further information?"

...Yes... PM is good... 

-------------
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 4:40pm
Yes, PM is good....

Or have a quick read of this, to save me typing it out again. Wink   https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/how-does-the-european-loan-scheme-work_topic4938.html - https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/how-does-the-european-loan-scheme-work_topic4938.html  

Then send me a PM with your requirements, but be quick, as I am off on holiday at the end of next week.

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 7:49am
No PM yet, so I have sent Marc one. The loan scheme closes for three weeks at the end of this week.Wink

-------------
Kevin

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:47am
I am back, so the EU loan scheme is back in business. Thumbs Up
Still no response from Marc though.

-------------
Kevin

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net