Print Page | Close Window

Australian Loaner Program

Printed From: Graham Slee Hifi System Components
Category: Find what you're looking for here!
Forum Name: Australian Loaner Program
Forum Description: A members only service in Australia
URL: https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1213
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2024 at 9:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Australian Loaner Program
Posted By: phibes
Subject: Australian Loaner Program
Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 11:20pm

It is my pleasure to introduce the Australian Loaner Program for certain items of kit from Graham Slee Product line, including phono preamps, headphone amps and interconnect cables.

This loaner program is a very generous one devised by Graham and will allow you to apply here to borrow on trial a phono preamp or headphone amp, free of charge other than the cost of postage for the kit. I’m based in Melbourne and the kit will be on loan for a two week period, which does not include the postage period to and from anywhere in Australia.

I will post further details here soon and I will be constantly updating the loaner list as the program continues. A list of all the products available for loan will be posted here soon, along with the loan status for each piece of kit.

Please feel free to post here with any expression of interest and continue to watch this thread for further information, updates and availability of kit.

Cheers,

Keith

Here is a current list of the items available under the loaner program. Please contact me here if you’d like to take part in the loaner program and have the chance to listen to one of these sensational pieces of kit in your own system.

Phono Preamps

Gram Amp 2 Communicator

Gram Amp 2 Special Edition

Gram Amp Fanfare

Reflex M – PSU1

Reflex C – PSU1

Elevator EXP – PSU1

Accession MM - PSU1

Accession MC - PSU1

Headphone Amplifiers

Solo SGRII – PSU1

Solo Ultra-Linear – PSU1

Novo

Voyager

Voyager [Spatially Enhanced]

Interconnect Cables

Cusat50 1.5mt Dual Mono

Replies:
Posted By: gat474
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 9:36am
Definitely interested in trying out the Reflex C with the PSU and maybe also the voyager HP amp.

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 10:29am
Originally posted by gat474 gat474 wrote:

Definitely interested in trying out the Reflex C with the PSU and maybe also the voyager HP amp.
Thanks gat474, you're first cab off the rank here in this thread. I'll send you a PM soon and we can exchange details and that way and I can explain a little more how the program is going to work.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: shailesh
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 1:07pm
Keith,

Im interested in the Reflex M with PSU1
Have send you PM with details.

Cheers
Shailesh

Posted By: aalewis
Date Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 11:11am
Hi Keith
Would like to put my name down for the Gram amp special 2 when available. Just let me know what I need to do.

Andrew

Posted By: gmdb
Date Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 10:14am
Wow, this is brilliant. I have the Augsat cables, the Genera and the Reflex C, but there is so much more of Graham's gear I would love to hear.  e.g. his higher end MM phono stages and any one of his headphone amps.  Sign me up, please.  I'm in Brisbane.

cheers

Geoff 

Posted By: raeler
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 6:41pm
Ooop'sConfused

Posted By: raeler
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 6:50pm
Hi  Keith,     What a great scheme, but one major question from me is would you extend the offer to us in New Zealand?  I currently own a GSP phono stage but i would certainly be keen to hear the latest top of the range  products, especially the Revelation for a very low output MC.                                                 Cheers,  Gary

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by raeler raeler wrote:

Hi  Keith,     What a great scheme, but one major question from me is would you extend the offer to us in New Zealand?  I currently own a GSP phono stage but i would certainly be keen to hear the latest top of the range  products, especially the Revelation for a very low output MC.                                                 Cheers,  Gary
Hi Gary,

Perhaps we need a loaner program operating out of New Zealand as the response here in Oz is incredible, especially given the limited exposure I've given it [mainly because I only have one unit of each] and those wanting many of the units have to be prepared to wait some considerable time.

Graham, if you're keeping an eye out here perhaps you can give your ideas on possibly setting something up in New Zealand?

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 7:42pm
Well done Keith for doing this and praise to the audiophiles of Oz and NZ. Smile

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Posted By: pibroch
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 1:37pm
Hi Keith,

Would you be able please to arrange for me a home trial of the Reflex M with PSU1?

Cheers,
pibroch.

Posted By: Nsanders
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 6:41am
Hi Keith,

Any chance of a trial of the solo srg ii with the PSU1? (or the ultra linear if unavailable) I live in Melbourne.

Cheers,
Nick

Date Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:42am
Hi Nick,

I have sent you a PM with dedtails of how to borrow the Solo SGRII.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: kiwigav
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 11:18am
Hi keith,
I would like to put my name down for a  home trial of the Reflex C +psu when it's next available.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Gavin.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 4:37am
Originally posted by kiwigav kiwigav wrote:

Hi keith, I would like to put my name down for a  home trial of the Reflex C +psu when it's next available.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Gavin.
Thanks Gavin, that won't be a problem, please let me know by PM your full name, address and contact number and I'll let you know the availability of the Reflex C  and PSU..........at present this unit is available within a week or so.

You can also email the details to me at mailto:kadoneil@bigpond.com - kadoneil_at_bigpond_dot_com which may be a quicker way of making contact.

Cheers,

Keith

edited email address to counter spambots - remove and replace "at" & "dot" as appropriate.
tg 14/7

Posted By: Graham Slee
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:58am
Hi Guys, a quick message from your sponsor...

Please show your appreciation by "liking" all our web pages.

OK, I know you need a Facebook "account" to do that and not everyone has one, but for those who have, it will only take a minute or two of your time.

By going along and visiting our home page, headphone amp index and phono preamp index pages using the navigation bar above, you'll find the "like" buttons top-right of each page. Just click on each one and you'll do wonders for us, and in turn the extra exposure we get will make it possible to do even more great audio products.

Thanks in anticipation,
Graham

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: Laecs
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 11:14pm
Hey i was hoping i would be able to put my name down for the Novo Amp home trial when it's next available.
Thanks in advance :)

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2012 at 10:08am
Hi Laecs,

I have sent you a message with some details re taking part in the loaner program here.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: Hal55
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:53am
Hi Keith,

I am interested in a loan of the Gram amp2 SE. It's just within budget for me and is available reasonably locally at Decibel Hifi. Would just like to try one out to confirm that I would like it better than the other contender, the Musical Fidelity v-LPS which seems to need the PSU upgrade to sound it's best.  Everyone on the AOS forum loves GS gear so i expect it will suit me fine.

Thanks,

Hal55 

Posted By: morris_minor
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Hal55 Hal55 wrote:

Everyone on the AOS forum loves GS gear so i expect it will suit me fine.
Hi Hal55,
As an AOS member I'd be one of those posting nice things about GSP stuff! Wink I'm sure the GA2 won't disappoint . . . enjoy your demo . . 

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:43am
Well that has worked out interestingly. The GA2 is out till near February so Keith has very kindly offered me a loan of the Communicator (back next week) AND then the GA2 when it becomes available.
It will be interesting - I had discounted the Communicator as it was a) more expensive and b) seemingly a high output pro model which I wasn't at all sure was better than the GA2 anyway and high output I don't need.
Any comments on how they differ/which is better much appreciated in the interim before getting my hands on one.

Merry Christmas to everyone,

Hal55

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:03am
The Communicator (which is cheaper than the GA2SE) is a stunning little phono amp. I had one for a short while, partnering my Era Gold V, before I decided to get a Reflex. While you miss out on the ultimate detail or sound staging, compared to most integrated amps this is a definite step up and well worth the money (like all GSP kit). You should find it an interesting comparison with the GA2SE .

We had Adam Hills on TV last night doing a stand up routine; funniest show I'd seen in ages. He joked about telling the Queen about flying back to Oz in the morning for a "real Christmas" in the sun. So I hope your Christmas is as good and real as his .

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:04am
Well that's interesting - GA2 at Decibel HiFi (not far from me here in Queensland) $297 Australian, Communicator $330 so here in Oz it's the other way around for whatever reason.
A real Australian Christmas? Weather forecast for Christmas Day where I'm going is 35deg Celsius which is 95F, and we try and sit down to turkey, ham, plum pudding etc! Actually a lot of people do a lighter seafood Christmas with lashings of prawns, calamari etc which is all really nice washed down with a beer or nice wine.
Hottest Christmas I've attended? 41c which is 105.8F. Now that was tough!

Hope your Chrissie is good and not washed away - we've been seeing the news stories here about how wet is it currently in the UK.

Cheers,

Hal

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
There's the "GA2 Communicator" and the "GA2 Special Edition" - have a look http://www.gspaudio.co.uk/phono-preamps-and-phono-stages.htm - here . I don't think Graham produces a "Gram Amp 2" any more - no doubt he can advise . . . 

Blimey! 35 Centigrade on Christmas Day! Sales of the amber nectar should be good Smile. Yes - we've lots of rain here - a real miserable Christmas for those flooded . . .

Cheers,
Bob

-------------
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:26am
Have a word with Brian at Decibel.

We have dealers worldwide - some of them have out of date webpages.

Our webpages are up to date and show you what you should be charged.

-------------
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps

Posted By: JonP01
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 9:43am
Hello,

I would like to partake in a home audition of the Solo SRGII headphone amplifier with standard switching power supply please. I don't mind of course trialing it with the upgraded PSU as well, but I can't afford that combination at the moment so I would prefer to audition the particular combination that I can actually afford. I wouldn't mind hearing what the PSU adds to sound quality of course, but I would have to buy the PSU much later down the track were I to purchase the SRGII.

Please let me know if the above is possible.

Thanks

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 9:26pm
Hi JonP01,

Have sent you a personal message with all necessary details.

Cheers,

Keith

Posted By: jk092
Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 1:48am
Hi Keith,

Would you please to arrange for me a home trial of the Solo Ultra-Linear with PSU1?

Thanks 

Jack

Posted By: imbmad
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 5:28am
hi Keith is this program still in effect . looking t source phono pree amp and am interested in the gram amp 2

Posted By: audionewbi
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 12:42pm
Greeting, first time poster. I too would like to know the condition of trying to audition the diamond edition amp.

My aim to get an amp for chord HUGO so naturally I like an amp which has no coloration of its own. I come from a long line of good quality portable amp and i like to see a solid upgrade from them.

Many thank in advance.

Posted By: BackinBlack
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 3:13pm
Welcome Brett and Mohammed. Have yo sent a PM to Keith (phibes)?
He is still active, so should be able to loan you a phono amp and Headphone amp respectively.

-------------
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 4:01pm
If Keith doesn't respond let me know and I'll email him.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 5:24am
Thank you. Can you recommend which one would suit me better. I currently own the TH900 and I was wondering is there any particular one you can recommend for me?

I've read your amps are able to adjust themselves with accordance to the gear connected to them, meaning this way one can just the volume knob with ease.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:02pm
The SRGII will adjust to the headphone impedance but without trying it, I and you will not know if each item is going to get along with each other.

However, I am confident the Ultra-Linear DE will deliver to your expectations even though I've not tried these headphones - it's just that the ULDE circuit is designed to drive loads with much greater 'authority'.

That's about the best way I have of putting it without going all technical.

Graham

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:04pm
Thank you, looking forward to it. Any chance of having some future discount deals in case I cannot audition the unit? 

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:18pm
You qualify for 5% (direct sales only) by being a contributing member. This may be bettered by our Australian outlets but then again it may not because we tend to discourage discounting because the products are definitely worth every penny (some would say more).

I will email Keith to alert him and then you can try it out.

Graham

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:48pm
Thanks Graham, those members have personal messages from me and I'll make sure they get to trial the units they are asking about.

Cheers,

Keith

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:09pm
Thank you very much Keith and Graham for your assistance.

Posted By: Fatmangolf
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:49pm
Thanks Keith.

-------------
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 9:20am
No worries, Jon...............how are you anyway, mate?

I've had correspondence from both and there'll be loaner units heading their way on Monday morning.

Cheers,

Keith

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 9:48am
Looking forward to it, coming from a headphone/IEM oriented world I am looking forward to writing a short and concise review for this amp.

I think I will be placing this headphone to its ultimate test, here are the gears I am planning to pair with the solo diamond:

TH900
Dita Truth IEM
CK100PRO
IE800
ER4S(the living legend)
MDR-EX1000
ATH-IM04
F111
T5p
ACS T15
Fischer's Audio FA-003 Ti
k702
XBA-4
HFI 780

It is a mixture of IEM and headphone ranging from easy to driver (TH900, IE800) to hard to driver (K702, ER4S). 

As my source I will be using Chord HUGO which has bested all my portable setup (colorfly C4, AK100, AK120 and DD socke 1) and my portable amps. 

My current favourite amp which has desktop performance is the portaphile 627x. While it is not as neutral as I hope it to be it is one smooth sounding amp (it is based on OPA 627 opamp).

It is going to be an exciting three weeks worth of testing. 

I was wondering is there any future plans to release a fully discrete amp?

Posted By: davidyannick
Date Posted: 08 May 2014 at 10:18am
Im interested in the Reflex M with PSU1

Date Posted: 08 May 2014 at 10:24am
Best to send phibes (Keith) a private message by clicking the drop-down to the right of his username and selecting "send private message"

-------------

Posted By: Ewan
Date Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 9:37am
I would be interested to audition Reflex M with PSU or Gram Amp SE. Would need to speak to you to determine best match for RP3 with Nagaoka MP11 or Ortofon Black.
Cheers,
Ewan

Posted By: Beyer
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 9:24am
Hi Keith

I would be very interested in trying (ie loaning) the ‘Solo Ultra-Linear – PSU1 headamp’ and the ‘Cusat50 Dual Mono cables’ when available.

It’s not urgent but I would like to make a booking sometime and compare them against my current setup.

If you need further info, please let me know..

Kind regards

Graeme

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 3:59am
Hi Keith,
    Is there an Asseccion in the Australian loan scheme? I was going to try the Revelation M, but people seem to be a bit crazy about the new one!
Michael.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Posted By: wombat1949
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:47am
Hi Keith ,
I have received and are using a Reflex M in my system . Listening to live recorded classical LP's .
Very impressive so far , wonderful bass with smooth extended highs and loads of detail .
LONDON SPC21078 "Bach Spectacular" Kingsway Hall London recreated in my listening room .
I was concerned that the Reflex M would not have sufficient gain , this fear was unfounded , Phono Pre connected via a volume control to my power amp has more than enough gain .

-------------
Keith Hibberd

Posted By: Gijo1977
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:03am
Hey people. I have taken advantage of the loaner program via the StereoNet forum. I would love to take the opportunity to say, Thanks. It is these kinds of programs that show generosity is not a lost art, and that some businesses still understand what it is to build their supporter base :)

I will now look through this community's brains trust as well.

Posted By: Aussie Mick
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 4:44am
Welcome! I've learned a lot here and I'm sure you will, too.
Mick.

-------------
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2

Posted By: Immisc
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 7:52am
Hi, I hope everyone's Christmas was fantastic. Just wondering if the Aussie loan scheme stretches to include New Zealand? I'd love to test a Reflex M, and compare it to a Gram Amp 2SE. Hopefully this is a possibility *fingers crossed*.

Posted By: Immisc
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:47am
Hi again, just bouncing the post and hope someone's reading the Aus members board. Just wondering if Aus does extend also to NZ? It would pretty great if it did...

Posted By: MarcusD
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 6:23pm
PM sent

Posted By: PhilH
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2022 at 3:40am
Hi Keith,

I’m in Melbourne. Is the Majestic unit included in the loaner program?

Kind Regards, Philip 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net