FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

P-Mount Cartridges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
itsmanhattan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmanhattan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P-Mount Cartridges
    Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:21pm
I have an old Technics SL10 with the original 310MC, but I have the feeling that it's on her last legs.

Is there a comparable, and hopefully, cheaper p mount cartridge that the group can recommend or at least suggest that is worth investigating?

I would think that MM would suffice.

Manhattan
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 7:46pm
Hi - and welcome to the forum! Smile

A good retailer for p-mounts is LPGear from Nevada.

They sell various AT carts, some Grado models, and their own AT-based models. I bought one of their Shibata-tipped variants a while back, though there are cheaper versions.

You can hear (and see) my LPGear cart here:

I had a Grado Red p-mount for a while but wasn't overly impressed. It's dimensions weren't quite to the T4P spec, and I found it a bit dull.

Another route to take is to find a beaten up Technics P22/P24 on eBay and get a stylus from Jico in Japan. I'm planning to post a YT video of my P22/JicoSAS in a few days.

Yet another route is to get an Ortofon OMP10 and then shell out for a better stylus (20,30,40). I believe OMP10s are still available. I managed to get an OMP40, and you can see a video of this here:

So there are a few options out there - it's just a pity your 310MC is on the way out! I'd always wanted one when I only had Technics parallel trackers . . .Ermm

Keep us posted on your progress, and enjoy the forum!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
itsmanhattan View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmanhattan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 12:03am
This is excellent, thank you. I'll definitely take a look at LPGear and see what they recommend. Yeah I hope to get some more life out of my 310MC - she'll be dearly missed.
Manhattan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic