FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Phono Pre-amp for Rega P2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
firefly0071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefly0071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phono Pre-amp for Rega P2
    Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 5:31am

I have just got into vinly and purchased a Rega P2. Rega, for those who do not know, is an English manufacturer of turntables and other equipment.

The P2 is one model above their entry level. It's my first turntable and I started with the P2 iwht a Ortofon red Moving magnet cartridge. It's not an expensive turntable set.

My amplifier (Pioneer A9) has a Phono stage input.

However, I would like to purchase a phono pre-amp for better sound quality and in future will have another amp.

So please forgive my ignorance. Which Graham Slee phono pre-amp should I purchase?

I have a Solo head amp and hence am a satisfied customer.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 7:56am

Hi firefly,

if you are interested in DIY you might wait for the Genera kit which is currently under development, you can follow progress in http://www.gspaudio-community.activeboards.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=745.

Otherwise, since your turntable is a new venture for you, perhaps the Gram 2 SE might be a good entry point for you.  I doubt you will be disappointed.

Since you are, I think, in Sydney, it is worth noting that this available from decibelhifi with free express postage and on 14 day money back trial.

I also have a P2, although mine has been extensively modified and hardly qualifies as one anymore, certainly RG would not recognise it as one of his children. Wink

You might also like to try a Denon DL-110 or DL-160 HOMC cartridge, both will run with the G2SE and many (myself included) consider them extremely musical and very good value for money.

From Sydney, they can be bought online from a dealer in Germany at a very good price and excellent service.   For more info PM me.

firefly0071 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firefly0071 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:38pm

Thanks for the advice TG.

It's a nice housebound hobby (I am married although I still go to dance classes).

I am off to London (for 3 days) and if I have time I will have a look at some of the stores. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic