FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Phono pre amp advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pushpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pushpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 1:11pm
the Reflex M with PSU1 is a great choice. I recently had an opportunity to upgrade to the Accession MM for a tiny bit over your budget (a used unit).  If that’s at all an option I would take it up front. I’ve done side by side comparison of Reflex M and Accession and the Reflex M gets very close to Accession in many areas so you can’t go wrong with it. 
P******t Debut Carbon, Goldring 1042, GS Accession MM w/Enigma, GS Solo ULDE w/PSU1, Sennheiser HD6XX, Technics SU-800 IA, Castle Knight 1, PS Audio Ultimate Outlet, Lautus & CuSat50
nmafonso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmafonso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Pushpaw Pushpaw wrote:

the Reflex M with PSU1 is a great choice. I recently had an opportunity to upgrade to the Accession MM for a tiny bit over your budget (a used unit).  If that’s at all an option I would take it up front. I’ve done side by side comparison of Reflex M and Accession and the Reflex M gets very close to Accession in many areas so you can’t go wrong with it. 

Hi,
I think I´ll try the Reflex.
Thanks for your advice.

Nuno
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
Don't forget if you go for Reflex M you can always add the PSU1 later. But if you can stretch your budget and get both all the better, But for some of us that's easer said than done I know, At the moment I have to be happy with what I got and know I will have to spend big to improve on what I have which I think sounds vary good to me
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
nmafonso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmafonso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Don't forget if you go for Reflex M you can always add the PSU1 later. But if you can stretch your budget and get both all the better, But for some of us that's easer said than done I know, At the moment I have to be happy with what I got and know I will have to spend big to improve on what I have which I think sounds vary good to me

Hi,
Is there a big improvement adding the PSU1?
Is it worth the price?
 Cheers
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by nmafonso nmafonso wrote:

Hi,
Is there a big improvement adding the PSU1?
Is it worth the price?
 Cheers

Yes and Yes, most definitely.
The PSU1 brings improved dynamics and what is often described as a "darker" (quieter?) background. Mind you the Reflex sounds quite excellent even with the standard wall wart power supply, so it's worth considering waiting until you can afford the PSU1 if that's the case.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 6:55pm
I 2nd that
Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:47pm
I started with the kit Genera MM preamp and got a PSU1. It was a noticeable improvement.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic