FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Pairing with Reflex C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
humanhands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote humanhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pairing with Reflex C
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 1:34pm
Hi all 

I’m taking the leap from the world of MM to MC, and will be upgrading from the truly magnificent V Era Gold to the Reflex C. I've just acquired a Kuzma Stabi S with a Van Den Hul MC One Special with low hours. Does anybody know how this cartridge will pair with the Reflex C?

One last question: does it make a difference what input impedance I choose in the checkout — 100 Ω or 1k Ω ?

Many thanks for your time

Paul
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by humanhands humanhands wrote:

Hi all 

I’m taking the leap from the world of MM to MC, and will be upgrading from the truly magnificent V Era Gold to the Reflex C. I've just acquired a Kuzma Stabi S with a Van Den Hul MC One Special with low hours. Does anybody know how this cartridge will pair with the Reflex C?

One last question: does it make a difference what input impedance I choose in the checkout — 100 Ω or 1k Ω ?

Many thanks for your time

Paul

Is that your cart at the link above? It looks like the manufacturer recommends 200 ohms loading for this cartridge. If it were me I would think you would want the 1K ohm version of the Reflex C, then use loading plugs to bring it down to 200 ohms. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
humanhands View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote humanhands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Yes, that's the one. Thanks for the advice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic