FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Otex Express Combi Pack Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Otex Express Combi Pack Review
    Posted: 06 May 2017 at 9:57pm
I guess few people today will have ever witnessed real music, and therefore my trade of reproducing it is one of the numerous dying arts. Stonkingly loud deep rhythmic bass (eardrum beat) from "simple music" seems to have replaced musicality for all ages. Some prefer it boomy while others don't.

Gone is the appreciation of the subtleties of what the great musicians played. Most of their music resides in the plastic storage bins on market stalls, where a tiny minority pay over the odds for exquisite musicality. One I picked up a few years ago was the Moody Blues "To Our Children's Children". I'm pleased they bothered to make it, but I doubt severely that any of those children will be remotely interested in it.

Perhaps what the world needs is the Otex Express Combi Pack?!

Perhaps then (after using it... by the way I occasionally do) they may become partial to the musicality of music?

I often wonder when listening to such as the above mentioned album, where I found such great musical appreciation for the playing technique and depth of musicality contained in it. And then I remember...

It was the silly things of ones upbringing:

Having been forced at an early age to go to "church" with ones parents, I remember the awe of hearing and feeling the sheer range of the church organ and its emotion.

Having gone to school in the olden days where the buildings were made of substantial materials - remember the cast iron radiators and the massive steel pipes coated with several layers of lead paint? - and the music teacher would play the piano for morning assembly - you know, just like the one Rick Wakeman plays on Cat Stevens' "Morning Has Broken" (a hymn)??

And that funny noise heard whilst the organist played in the concert room of a social or working men's club, before the drummer turned up. The funny noise was the shimmer of the instruments which make up the drum kit, involuntary playing along to the vibrations produced by the keyboards.

Note, I have not mentioned the music played at high level at rock concerts, although I will take the opportunity of mentioning two: The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - The Impossible Dream tour; and a performance by Roy Harper - both at Sheffield's city hall in the 70s. These were musical whereas most others were just as people of my parents generation said: noise!

Earlier today I thought it time to take care of my aural health, having need of my ears to do my job, and used an Otex Express Combi Pack. I don't know how much of an impact it had, but I will say that this evening I listened using my Technics SL1210MkII, Denon DL103, Accession MC, Lautus interconnects, Solo Ultra Linear DE, and Sennheiser HD250 Linear II headphones, playing both sides of the Moody Blues album, and I felt sad...

I felt sad for all the people who can't hear properly especially those who could but don't bother to look after their ears. They should try
Otex Express Combi Pack - highly recommended.

And I felt sorry for the vast majority of people on this planet who will never hear the beauty of that album (or any other) played on the above equipment because they bought something which won't bring them that same pleasure. Excuse my sarcasm Wink

Verdict: Otex Express Combi Pack StarStarStarStarStar
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic