FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Offended by my presence?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the explanation of your advertising.
I must admit to being surprised by some of the costs. It must be difficult to evaluate the efficacy of advertising and whether to use a broad scattergun approach or a more targeted one.
It does seem that reviews hold sway in achieving sales. However, having been at the Aylesbury event and heard the ensuing "demands" to have a review published, I can understand how this method of advertising might not appeal to a principled person.
Word of mouth has long been a very effective means of advertising, but there are only a limited number of us that actively spread the word to an also limited number of people.
This Forum is quite unique and must help in marketing and sales, so perhaps if its profile could be raised further this might be a more efffective marketing tool. I do remember attempts to raise the Google profile by likes and links, perhaps thwarted by unusual activity software which discounts the sudden apparent interest.
We just need one of Bob's Youtube videos to go viral perhaps.
Oh, nearly forgot, I have also just resubscribed to the newslettter, emails etc..

Ian

Edited by BackinBlack - 02 Feb 2018 at 7:16pm
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 8:38pm
Back in Black is right about our forum. I like the idea of Bob's videos being the gateway, they are great.

Whilst I am not a real audiophile I have talked with numerous people over the decades about what 'hifi' is. I hope to have persuaded people to listen to the music they enjoy and hear the difference when it comes to life through good equipment. When I want to know more about a subject I go through the pages a search engine offers and I will reword the enquiry in the hope I can find what I wanted and not what a conglomerate wants me to buy.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:23am
I renewed my subscription yesterday, but I’ve had a “won’t you stay” email this morning.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

I renewed my subscription yesterday, but I’ve had a “won’t you stay” email this morning.

Me too, me too.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

We just need one of Bob's Youtube videos to go viral perhaps.
LOL 

I've suggested to one of my "fellow YouTubers" (Confused), who does TT videos and also reviews, that he might like to take advantage of the US loan scheme and review some GSP kit - especially since his iPhono thing blew up (apparently not uncommon).

FWIW my videos have racked up over 115k views, and my subscriber numbers are slowly creeping up (over 500 now - wish it was 500k!).
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Back in Black is right about our forum. I like the idea of Bob's videos being the gateway, they are great.
Thank you Jon Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 12:21pm
From small beginnings........
Although 115k views isn't exactly small. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic