FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Newbie question / Upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
signet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie question / Upgrade?
    Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:28pm
Hello all: I recently made my first GS purchase, a GS Gram Amp 2 SE phono preamp, which is now breaking in, and I'm starting to like what I'm hearing. My question is, what anyone thinks may be the advantage upgrading to the GS ERA Gold Mk 5. Note: I already purchased the PSU-1 power supply, which is an add-on to the Gram Amp, and since the Era Gold has that included, I guess I'd be looking to offer the Gram Amp and PS for sale, which I believe is allowed on here, but may be mistaken, I'm not sure. Any guidance would be appreciated. Regards, Mark. 

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 7:54pm
Welcome Mark. The EGV is very good and a big step up from the GA2SE. You could borrow one from the loan scheme if you wish.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 4:08pm
Welcome Mark.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2023 at 5:34pm
 My ERA Gold V arrived late yesterday. For me, " horses for Courses " . I My cent pur chase p the last 5 to 8 years of  Re-Mastered Folk music of the 70's and Jazz of late 90's in serious Digital control groove cutting  lathe caused me to Upgrade.
 The Communicator and Genera are very marginally less sensitive to the GSP 2 SE .....but the Genera circuit is more adept to digitalisation of the RIAA subtle more emotional content to Flac files on computer.
signet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 7:36pm
Thank you, all..  I decided to go ahead and purchase the GS ERA Gold Mk 5 yesterday.  Now I'm trying to find a superior MM cartridge to compliment it. Once again, thanks... (m.)
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2023 at 9:04pm
Please keep us posted.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic