FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Newbie Hello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 8:09pm
Well said Terry's brother!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DeVries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 7:10pm
Hi All,
Just recently joined and have received a loaner Reflex M / PSU from US loan program coordinator @BAK (Thanks Bruce!). 
Man...!...... this is one suhweet phono preamp! I’m already seriously impressed. I think I’m hearing, for the first time, what my Harbeth Super 5’s are capable of. 
Amazing clarity and a soundstage I’ve never experienced before. So locked-in and expansive. The weight and focus of the low end is jaw dropping. 
Wonderful!!
- Stuart
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:14pm
Thanks for joining the community Stuart and sharing our enjoyment of records through the Graham Slee gear. Those are nice speakers what is your source equipment please?

Edited by Fatmangolf - 06 Oct 2018 at 9:15pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
DeVries View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeVries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Thanks for joining the community Stuart and sharing our enjoyment of records through the Graham Slee gear. Those are nice speakers what is your source equipment please?

Thanks for the welcome!
I’m using a MoFi Ultradeck turntable with their Ultratracker mm cartridge and 10” tone arm. For power I use a 1978 Marantz 2285b that I bought new and had refurbished a few years ago. 
- Stuart
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:28pm
You are most welcome Stuart. Others will add to it and that's decent gear you have. It shows that good equipment lasts and just needs a service now and then.

Jon

Starman53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starman53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 5:56pm
I found this forum from another website that stocks Graham Slee amps and headphone amps. I can name if permitted as this chap in England also builds cartridges and sells vinyl.
Anyway, my name is Peter, I have a L*nn LP12, which I have owned for 40 years and recently upgraded it by having the following fitted: Kore, Ekos SE/1 Arm, Urika phono stage and Krystal MC cartridge, plus Radikal power supply.
I also have a Klimax DS streamer and Klimax Kontrol.
Speakers are Adam's Artist 6 Aktiv.
I am interested in returning to a passive system, which then requires amplification plus new speakers.
So far I have had  home demo of L*nn amps and Kudos X2 speakers. I am interested in hearing the GS amps once I have obtained my speakers
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:00pm
Hi Peter,
Welcome to the forum. Proprius amps all the way then. Connect your pre amp with Libran balanced interconnects and you’re away.

Two choices longer balanced interconnects to get the amps over to the speakers with a short speaker cable or the more traditional short interconnects with longer speaker cable runs.

Try the Spatia speaker cables while you’re at it.

Chris
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic