FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

New wave anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:11pm
A few I played today that some folks here may know or like: 

Translator - Heartbeats & Triggers - early 80s U.S. post-punk guitar rock/pop. Quite dark, reminiscent of Chronic Town-era R.E.M. with less country tendencies. Reminds me of the Modern Lovers a bit at times also. Their albums after this one were all overproduced IMHO. This one still has a nice organic sound. 

Willie Nile - Self-Titled - is this new wave rock or Dylan inspired folk rock? Perhaps a little bit of both but the songs are well written and I like this album more every time I listen to it. 

Chameleons - What Does Anything Mean Basically - listening to the latest LP reissue on Blue Apple right now. I'll need some time to decide if I like this better than the old 80s Statik CD. By this time the band was drowning in digital delay effects, so the production can be a bit dated at times. Still a very good album and I have a soft spot for it because it was my intro to them. If you don't like the production check out the Peel and Radio Sessions discs for more "organic" sounding versions of these songs. 

Edited by patientot - 30 Nov 2018 at 9:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic