FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Westerwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westerwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:49am
As another new member I thought I should say hello. I am a new member as a result of buying an Accession MC phono stage and the Enigma power supply.
I have only had the unit switched on for an evening and am aware that it takes time to “warm up” but I think I’m going to enjoy listening to my records through this little device! 
Strange as it may seem, I am actually down sizing and possibly down grading my HiFi system. Maybe it’s an age thing but I feel I need less clutter and a less complex system. 
I am looking forward to reading other owners comments and I hope I can contribute something to this forum.
In the meantime, I will have to be patient for the next two weeks!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:09am
Welcome Tom
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:38am
You're not going to wait for a fortnight before using it, are you?
It will sound great from being plugged in.

Spin some records and enjoy!

Welcome to the club, Tom Smile

Edited by Chris Firth - 13 May 2022 at 11:39am
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:52am
What Chris, I didn't think of that.
Between 24 & 48hrs powered up should be enough but you will hear improvements over time, I've had two GS phono's and both sounded good after about that time. My GS headphone amp didn't sound that good just out of the box but I left it for two day (I think) It may have been more and wow, I will add I did have new headphones at the same time.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:31pm
It will settle in faster with signal running through it.
No signal and it's idling, with no variation in current draw.

Playing records is much more fun than waiting Beer
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:28pm
I agree with you there. I just left mine on for 2 days before listening, It's just something I did. It's a bit like when I'm going to use my headphones just before, I'll switch from mute to input about an hr or so before just to get things warmed up. 
Westerwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westerwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 5:40pm
Thanks to you all for the welcome! I have to say I did play a few records last night, I’m not that patient! Tonight being Friday I think I can guarantee that I will be spinning more discs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic