FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xanderoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xanderoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 3:07pm

Hi everyone, I’ve been a member for a while and spent quite a bit of time on the forum and product pages, and whereas I’m usually happier to read than contribute, I would like to thank Jon for sorting the loan of an Accession and an Era V. 

Both of which were excellent, although it was the Accession that ultimately shined and was continuing to improve right up until the time I had to return it, so who knows what further improvements were to come.

Well I guess there’s only one way to find out. So I’ve placed my order and am looking forward to hearing what’s to come.

Andrew

Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 6:41pm
Good choice Andrew, I’ve got both they are excellent.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
jango View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 5:12pm
Congratulations on the purchase. Can you share your impressions on how the two differ?
Xanderoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xanderoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm
Thanks Ernie, Accession arrived on Wednesday and is warming up nicely.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 4:39pm
Nice.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Xanderoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xanderoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 5:28pm
Hi Jango. I’ve been pondering what to say for a while, whether to go into great detail or keep it short and sweet.
Believe me I could ramble on for ages and end up going off topic, but seeing as your question was so succinctly put, I’ll opt for keeping it as brief as I can.
After a few days of switching and swoping between units whilst they warmed up, I got down to some serious listening. Starting with the phono stage on my amp, then the Era V followed by the Accession. Well the phono stage on the amp wasn’t half bad, but not as good as the Era V, which was altogether better.
I have to admit at this point that my turntable wasn’t as well set up as I would have liked, harmonics were a little glaring and over bright, in fact I’m still struggling to get it dialled in even now. 
So this is a purely emotional response based on percieved potential rather than analytical assessment. 
When I hooked the Accession up and played the same album, which by the way was Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd it gave me goosebumps, I literally had tears running down my face from the emotions welling up inside me, I can’t explain why, it just had a profound effect on me.
So the Era V, as good as it was, didn’t really get a fair shake after that, I did one more sequential test with Boys and Girls by Bryan Ferry, and the Era V was again much better that the phono input on my amp, but it was the Accession once again that stole the show, no tears this time, but that was it for me.
I was sold on the Accession and the Era V was put aside, so it’s difficult for me to give a rational opinion on the differences.

Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:41pm
Would concur. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic