FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Member, Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shirivasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shirivasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member, Hello
    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
Hi! I've looked at this forum many times over the past decades but have now decided to join and spend some time learning.

I have general curiosity about electronics design, and now have finally settled in with a cartridge that I feel might match well with the GS products. 

I do not swap gear in and out, and tend to stick with things for a long time. I tend to hold strong convictions at arms length as I've often found been proven wrong about assumptions related to design philosophy and sound. 

Kind regards,

Mark
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:53pm
Welcome Mark.
What cartridge do you have, and what is the rest of your system.
I also tend to keep items for a while, but have recently changed my speakers after only 5 years.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
shirivasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirivasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 4:41pm
I have NSMT PSM speakers, and older version—basically a cap and coil, stand mounted MTM design with one M driver feeding a transmission line and the other a sealed, acoustic suspension driver. They use SEAS drivers made of TPX. I have a valve integrated that is a Chinese design–Eastern Electric M88, which is a push-pull design with a bit of negative feedback. My primary source is an older SoTA Comet III with a modified RB300 arm.

I am using a budget MM cart now, the ATVM95ML. My phono amp is a Phonomena II, which is actually Micheal Yee's prototype. It's been modded a bit by Micheal and has some non-standard parts, and I have an external mono switch and a KAB rumble filter in the path, so it's a bit of a complicated mess. 

My record collection is pretty tidy (under 2,500 records), but it does range from early Monos to contemporary pressings. No 78s.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:56am
Welcome aboard, Mark, it’s nice to have you. Plenty to read in moments of isolation.
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic