FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

new cartridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:12pm
I just put a 2M Bronze on my tt and I am thrilled with it! It replaced an mc cartridge and I like the mm better. I am on a waiting list to try a couple of the Slee preamps and can’t wait to hear the cartridge through them.
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Adcom GFT 555 II, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated and modified), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:54am
The Bronze is a terrific cart! Congratulations on an excellent upgrade. It’s always nice when a purchase gives us more pleasure.
Mick.
Rega RP8/Ortofon 2M Black/Rega Apheta 2 - Reflex M/Elevator EXP - C.E.C. TL5 CD Transport - MacBook Pro/Roon - Majestic DAC - Solo ULDE (Focal Elear) - Proprius - PMC Twenty5.22
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 1:45am
Thanks Mick. Yes, it’s always nice when a purchase gives us more pleasure. I noticed I’ve been playing more vinyl too! 

I’ve never used a stand alone phono stage before. I can’t wait to hear my vinyl through one of Graham’s stages.

Paul
Paul
Acoustic Research ES-1, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Ayre C-5xemp disc player, Adcom GFT 555 II, Dynaco SCA-35 (updated and modified), Dynaco ST-70 (updated and modified), Revel performa M20
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Pwog Pwog wrote:

I just put a 2M Bronze on my tt and I am thrilled with it! It replaced an mc cartridge and I like the mm better. I am on a waiting list to try a couple of the Slee preamps and can’t wait to hear the cartridge through them.

Should work nicely. 
Bags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:26pm
Unless you have a vintage amp with a decent phono stage you have yet to hear what either cartridge can do.  Borrowing a stand alone phono stage should be a revelation.
Pwog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Bags Bags wrote:

Unless you have a vintage amp with a decent phono stage you have yet to hear what either cartridge can do.  Borrowing a stand alone phono stage should be a revelation.

When I had the vintage SCA-35 modified they updated the phono stage to what would be about the same level as a AR SP-6 preamp. 

I am hoping for a noticeable difference when I get to try one of Graham's phono stages.
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic