FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

My L75

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

My PTP6 arrive from PTPaudio today.

That's good Ifor. Do you know what you'll be doing for the plinth yet?
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

My PTP6 arrive from PTPaudio today.

That's good Ifor. Do you know what you'll be doing for the plinth yet?
I have ideas, but nothing definite yet.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
Ifor any festive progress on the L75 or even New Year resolutions?
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:19am
Hi Richard, there's been a little progress.  We stayed with my brother and sister in law, in Chester, for a couple of days after Christmas.  This meant i could pick up the second eBay purchase (on the right in the pic); my brother-in-law had collected it from the seller for me.  The second purchase was now no longer a secret from my wife, and if looks could kill...

This second TT (Swiss built, the first is Italian built) is not in such good nick as the first so it's this one I've decided to dismantle first.  The platter would not turn without a shove start, but once turning maintained a constant speed.  On Tuesday night I started dismantling TT2 and took out the bearing.  Last night I took the bearing apart for cleaning, and unsurprisingly it was bone dry; not a hint of any lubrication whatsoever.

It the long run I expect I'll replace the bearing with a new one (several people on Lenco Heaven make and sell them), but in the short term I'll clean and lube the original.  More to follow as things progress ...
Ifor
=====
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm
thanks and keep up the good work - yes WAT can be difficult (wife avoidance tactics)
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm

Talking of Stefan (in another thread); I might bring him in to play if I need help building the plinth for the Lenco.

Plan A = build it with my brother. I think he has all the necessary tools.
Plan B = Stefan or a local cabinet maker
Plan C = https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Goldring-Lenco-GL75-Turntable-Plinth-Plinth-Only-/302959363491 only made for a PTP rather than an original Lenco top plate.

Unfortunately progress has been non-existent.

Plan A: still possibly possible, but not as straight forward as I thought it might be,
Plan B: Stefan has given me guide price, which is not initially attractive and the first local cabinet maker I have emailed has not responded; maybe he's not keen on me because I didn't give him the business of building my hi-fi cabinet,
Plan C: the guy was really keen in November, but now he is not taking on any new business,

Ifor
=====
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 8:09pm
Hope you get some interest Ifor. It's great to have a nice housing for quality kit.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic