FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

My L75

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

A-ha, quite a major project then.
Not too bad if I can understand and implement the electrics.  The plinth will be built for me. To begin with I'll use an RB301 tonearm that is currently sitting in a box doing nothing.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

That rocker would perhaps fit in the existing switch hole, if that is the plan.
I thought that the rotary switch could be mounted in the existing switch hole and operated with the original lever.
Thank you both Ian & Graham.  The switch will be mounted direct to a new (probably birch ply) plinth. The Lenco top plate will be discarded. I'll be using a PTP so it'll be similar to a PTPaudio Solid9.

would this switch be suitable? https://uk.farnell.com/eao/82-6151-2134/pb-switch-illum-spdt-5a-250vac/dp/2725505
Ifor
=====
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:49am
Ifor,
I don't see any reason it would not work.
One point to bear in mind with the "spark suppression" capacitors as shown in your wiring diagram, the motor terminals remain "live" even when the switch is off as they are still connected via the capacitors to the mains. Many rebuilt turntables of similar design (Garrard, Thorens and Lenco) are/should be fitted with an IEC switched and fused inlet to provide proper protection and isolation.

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:37pm
Many thanks for that Ian, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere.
Ifor
=====
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 10:34pm
Full isolation is best IMO, a chassis switch is good. Ideally unplug the deck from the mains to avoid any risk of electrocution, we'd like to keep you with us Ifor.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Full isolation is best IMO, a chassis switch is good. Ideally unplug the deck from the mains to avoid any risk of electrocution, we'd like to keep you with us Ifor.

Thanks Jon.
Ifor
=====
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 11:14pm
I bought another L75!
Ifor
=====
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
  Share Topic