FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Music Maker III or Soundsmith Zephyr III

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 1:09pm
The reviewer Graham Budd used an Audio Note IQ3 for his review of the Accession on TNT mentioned
in the recent thread.
It works superbly with the Reflex M too - I use that combo. Great tracking ability with no fuss & bother
on busy music at side ends. Like Ian Botham once was - a top quality all-rounder!
It's possible to start with the IQ1 - which is excellent in itself - & upgrade the stylus assembly to IQ2 & 3.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:39pm
I can second that comment Rich (I use an IQ3 with the Accession & sometimes Reflex M). The IQ2 stylus is extremely similar sounding & even a Goldring 1042 stylus in the IQ body sounds great and tracks just as well.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
SiE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Who is discounting the Music Maker?
Leonard is, if you ask him nicely. Just bought an MM3 for a round £700, to which I am greatly looking forward. I'm assured by one-and-all that an Audiomods pick-up arm, the MM and a phono amp from Graham will all play very nicely together, thank you very much!
Simon, Bristol--------------------------------------
Quad ESLs & valves with Mac, Quad CD & SME vinyl sources (model 10 with SME series 3 and rega-tubed arm, sundry cartridges and Gram Amp 2)
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:10pm
Len G. is quite keen on Our Man's phono stages & the Audiomods is one of the best arms for the MM3.
Enjoy it.Wink
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:59pm
I haven't heard the IQ1-3 but do own a well used Music Maker III which I thought sounded great before I played a lot of records on it. I think I got it for £650 but that was about five years ago.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 8:27am
Len Gregory gave me an excellent trade in deal on my old MM for a Musicmaster a while ago.
The Musicmaster is a refinement of the MM3 & Classic & is one of the best carts I've had the
pleasure to own. It is an excellent partner with Audiomods arms & the ReflexM & Accession.
 I believe Len G sells this by reputation & word of mouth as it is not advertised.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 10:42pm
Am I right in understanding that MusicMaker cartridges don’t have a user replaceable stylus?
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic