FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Multiple PSU-1's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
aunitedlemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aunitedlemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple PSU-1's
    Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:46am
Hello all,
I've not done much posting on these forums since I've become a happy Graham Slee customer but I have a couple of questions regarding power supplies. 
Is it best practice to keep 2 PSU-1's away from each other when both are in use? If so, how far?
I'm delving into the world of MC cartridges for the first time and I'm doing so by supplementing my Reflex M with an Elevator EXP, both of which have PSU-1's. They will both be plugged into my Furman PST-8 power strip along with the turntable (Technics SL1500C), amp (Yamaha A-S3200), and sub (Rythmik L12). Other than using well-shielded, short length interconnects, what else should I know about using the Elevator with the Reflex M?
Stay lovable!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 10:38am
My PSU1's are end to end within one foot of each other as I couldn't hear any difference. I have found the PSU1 Enigma improves the EXP sound and the screened Enigma cable helped. You'll know to leave the EXP and Reflex powered up, otherwise my advice is to play lots of records!
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm
I have now got two PSU-1 next to each other but before they were over a Meter apart and I have not noticed anything as far sound quality is concerned or interference with one another.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
aunitedlemon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aunitedlemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 5:33pm
Thank you. Are manuals or instructions available to download? The "downloads" link available is apparently under construction. I've just received my used Elevator and it did not include them. It's obviously not complicated from the end user's perspective, I just enjoy educating myself and imagine that there may have been some useful info regarding cartridge loading originally included.
Stay lovable!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 6:21pm
Shane
If you go onto Turntable Audio (on this forum) and look for "MC Cartridges and Elevator" It seems to have what you maybe looking for, There is a link but I didn't go on it. 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 9:09pm
You can probably shoot an email to customer service for a scan of the manual. Re: the PSU-1s, I only use one at the present time and IIRC the recommendation is to put these on the floor, away from other equipment.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2021 at 9:11pm
Jon is right and the right loading on the EXP will depend on your cartridge. One rule of thumb is to set the load on the EXP at 10x the cartridge's impedance. The front panel shows the switch positions for different loadings if that helps.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic