FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Modified AT95

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modified AT95
    Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 7:13pm
I had a few bits lying around, so thought I would have a bit of fun.

Basically, I stripped down an old AT95 body I had, superglued in into the spare Denon 103 body I had sitting here, and then cut the stylus down to fit.

It ended up looking like this.

I am now thinking about adding the VMN-95ML stylus to it, as it sounds better than it should.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:42pm
maybe you could try something even more exotic for the body?

How about a piece of coral or rare hardwood or moonrock? LOL  Sure it would sound better Smile  Sure it would sound out of this world!
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 7:57pm
I have actually decided to try an AT20SLa. I managed to get an original for the same price as a Paratrace stylus for the AT95, so figured this was the best move.
Kevin
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 7:25pm
I have just ordered an AT15SS stylus to go with this little beauty.
Kevin
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 7:41pm
The ATN15SS arrived today, (giving me an AT17.5SLaSS?).
I have plugged it in, and checked that the VTF is ok, at 1.5g.
Time to spin some black stuff....
Kevin
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 5:51pm
A minor update. The AT20SS has been doing service on my T/T fit a while. I am very happy with it, and it is one of my favourite MM cartridges. I have a choice of three top notch MM now, the AT20SS, The AT150mlx and my Technics EPC-205 with Jico Neo SAS stylus.

I keep meaning to try it with the loan scheme Accession MM, but that keeps getting sent out for people to trial.

I think my MM side is sorted now, so I think I need to start saving some pennies for a much better MC than I currently have, although I don’t think it will be a major step up in performance.
Kevin
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 8:48pm
Read great things about those Technics carts but never actually heard one. Lots of vintage AT models that people seem to like as well. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic