FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Majestic Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Majestic Help
    Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:49am
I have just tried to insert a 3.5 mm plug into the coaxial inputs on the back of my Majestic DAC.
UNfortunately it does not seem to want to go in!

I have tried all three sockets, I do not want to force it in but am puzzled as to why it will insert a short distance, with a bit more effort than I think should be necessary, but will not go all the way in. Any ideas? Graham?
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 12:04pm
Ok,ok I'm a plonker

Interconnect!! NOT a TRS plug.

It is a bit early in the day for me. Now, where did I put my tablets?

Les (a very embarrassed Les)
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 3:24pm
Would you like me to delete this Les?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
DaveG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 6:17pm
too late!!

shouldn't worry - we've all been there Wink
Dave

Michell Gorbe + HR PSU -> Cadenza Bronze -> SME V -> Elevator -> Accession -> Proprius -> B&W CM6 s2 | Cusat 50 & Spatia cables ->
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by DaveG DaveG wrote:

too late!!

shouldn't worry - we've all been there Wink

Yes, me too, one of those reaching, or at 'a certain age'

I and 5 friends have held regular Friday 'music nights' for over 20 years. We used to have the stamina to keep listening until the sun came up on a Saturday. 

These days one or two doze off before midnight (no matter how loud the music), we queue for the loo, borrow each others glasses to try and read CD covers, one guy sometimes forgets to bring any music, we all forget which songs we meant to play. A teenage daughter brought a new boyfriend home a few years ago, opened the door to some very loud obscure prog, apologised for "my dad and his friends" and she never heard from him again! 

One of the wives is preparing for the day soon when she will throw a big incontinence rug over the carpet and quietly lock the door on us all.....

Les has NOTHING to be embarassed about !
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:01am
Isn't it great how we're all growing old together and how we're not embarrased to talk about incontinence, memory loss and generally doing what old farts do LOL

I realise the younger members will not want to be included in the above description...

Anyway, if it helps, I used to try plugging in optical cables the wrong way up, or sidewards - and I have just been forced into using Windows 7 !!! Unhappy

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

I have just been forced into using Windows 7 !!! Unhappy

To quote Ian Gillan from 1971 "Well I've come and I've gone before you wink an eye
No one ever cared enough to say goodbye"

A chocolate Noddy for the first one to name the song - no Googling aloud (pun intended) Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic