FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Low frequency rumble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AdamG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:19pm
tg, the first thread I started about this on my local forum was titled 'Cantilever compliance causing unwanted driver movement ??' and finished with 'I'm hoping someones going to tell me nothing to do with preamp and that my cart is cactus so I have an excuse to get something new.' So your comment on VTF made alot of sense.

I do now recall the AT440 and Nagaoka headshell being at the upper limit of recommended mass. The DL 103 (as you will all know) is highly regarded for the $ and obvious replacement for the AT440 if wanting to go up in SQ.

I'll check out low resonance more but looks like I have come full circle on this and now have the excuse I need to upgrade cart.

I still consider myself a newby to hi-fi so appreciate all posters input - I've learnt alot.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
Adam, I am sure you'll be pleased with the improvement in sound quality from a DL103. Also it will remove the resonance issue and the sound quality will benefit IMO from not having a filter in the way.

Please let us all know how it sounds.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
AdamG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:13pm
These are selling for same price as the AT440 (169.50 euro) now at WSS.

I thought the basic 103 was a high output MC cart but I've gotten confused with the DL110 & 160

I am using the GSP Communicator for MM carts.

One other query I had is the height specs for these carts. My tonearm adjust is at minimum to get a level arm with the AT440 i.e I don't have any adjustment for a cart with less height.

Can anyone help with these specs. Any other lower compliance MM or high output MC carts recommended?
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:35pm
Anyone else on 110/160?

Height/SRA wise a platter mat or a spacer between headshell and cart may help.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:11am
The DL-110 is $139 from Lpgear and is the only Denon that will run with the communicator without some type of step-up device.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic