FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Just got my hands on a Bitzie and Lautus USB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just got my hands on a Bitzie and Lautus USB
    Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 8:52pm
I’ve never really liked headphones. I had a brief foray with some Sennheiser 565 Ovations and a N##m Headline in the 90’s. Couldn’t really see what all the fuss was about.

Sold the amp within the year I seem to remember. Still having the Ovations I’ve tried them a few time over the intervening years with not much success if I’m honest.

Found a Bitzie going on the Bay and put a starting bid in and forgot all about it as I went on holiday. I only won didn’t I!

Dutifully plugged it into my laptop and got the Ovations out of the cupboard. Bloody things have been glued to my head ever since.

I’ve treated the Ovations to a new head band and ear cups as everything had disinterested a bit. Next I thought, can my iPhone drive a Bitzie. Bought a camera connector on the off chance

I tried a Soundkey last year and it couldn’t  drive the Ovations so I wasn’t holding out much hope but worth a punt. I’m  now listening to Spotify via my iPhone 7 and it sounds amazing, absolutely amazing!!

The clarity and bass response is brilliant. Wonder what it’ll sound like with CD quality recordings? Wondering what a Solo sounds like!!!!
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 11:29pm
If I had to choose one single "best" Graham Slee product from the whole range, it would probably be the Bitzie. This device is simply fantastic. The price to performance ratio is seriously off the hook! I want to try my Bitzie with the Lautus Powerwire product Graham offers, together with his upcoming unofficial 5V power supply and the MySphere 3.2 earspeakers. Then I should be able to give it a proper review. Geek
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 10:10am
Hi Ash,
Your pursuit of audio excellence holds no bounds does it. Just looked up the MySphere 3.2, they look interesting but +£4K!!

Let us know when you get them won’t you.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 7:45pm
Yes, the price is absolutely absurd but this is the only logical headphone left for me to try (enclosure characteristics are as important as driver technology etc) and YOLO. I have quite a few things to sell before I take the plunge.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 8:33pm
I admire your dedication Ash. As I have now had 6 GSP/HFC phono stages I feel some empathy with your pursuit of headphone perfection.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 7:08pm
Well Ernie, I have been thinking it through a hell of a lot and I think, for the money, I will leave the MySphere 3.2 and might tri-amp my speakers with three pairs of Proprius, one 12P and two 12PW instead and still have money to spend on music. Listening to the AKG K1000 now and I know damn well that no headphone will have the stereo imaging and dynamic ability of large speaker cones. And being another Graham Slee purchase, it's "low risk". :)
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:45pm
I wise choice Ash. I’ve never thought headphones could match a good speaker set up, more a late night listening enabler.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic