FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

John C is 50!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John C is 50!!!
    Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 9:57am
Incredibly the long haired teenager I first met some 31 years ago is 50 today Party. Time has definitely flown.

But, you know, what I saw beyond the prog-rock "stubble and hair cut" (with attitude to match!) all those years ago was a very responsible character, as much as he tried to hide it.

Whilst I was a senior engineer and needed anything complicated building he was the guy to trust in getting it right, and I'd go as far as saying that without him the YRN engineering division - Audionics Ltd - would not have been a patch on what it was.

He joined my solo efforts around 2003 and it's been a pleasure to have him working alongside me ever since. He took on a load of responsibility and has been the voice on the phone providing the great customer service many have noticed, whilst being able to construct and solder together a number of circuits at the same time! As Bruce commented "he's the guy with ten independent brains".

Anyway, the long hair is now short and the job has turned it grey, and he's suffering those "old age" pains many of us know about. He became bionic around 10 years ago after a high speed cycle crash with a road sign up in the Peaks, but thanks to his bravery and lots of support and ingenuity, it was business as usual.

We all (John, Leo and I) went freelance in 2015, joining together as a sort of cooperative to bring you HiFi System Components, but we could never be the same without each other.

So have a good day today John, and let's have many more great years making good sounds!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:07am
Happy Birthday from me too John.

Best Wishes
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 11:24am
Happy birthday...

Beer
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
John C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

gspaudio moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I've decided to add a decimal point today and act like a 5 year old. The wife said it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Edited by John C - 27 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 1:42pm
Happy birthday John!
Beer
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 5:04pm
Happy Birthday, John! Big smile
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 5:09pm
... and there was Graham working Jon on Christmas Eve afternoon when I spoke to other him or maybe just johns work ethos!   Enjoy your day.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic