FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

Jazz in the "Groove"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

Yes it is an exciting album.
This "Heavy Weather" album has the 1st version of "Birdland" I ever heard.

Manhattan Transfer did an excellent vocal version of "Birdland"... 
 I have that one on their "Anthology" album.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15/625, Technics SL-1600MK2, Reflex M, Lautus, Technics SH-8066, Dynaco ST120a, Eminence Beta 8A in custom cabs;; Using Majestic DAC
Enjoy Life Your Way!
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:00pm
In the main, I'm not a great fan of Jazz Guitar....Shockedbut Ernest Ranglin is doing something here over a solid Reggae groove that's absolutely wonderful. Picked this up yesterday and loving it. 'Erb Free' I would like to add. Wink Can't upload image...too big...

ERNEST RANGLIN Below the Bassline.

"The band is fabulous with the pick for me being Ira Coleman's contribution on bass as he puts down one thumping Reggae time and being so out front it keeps that Reggae influence right in there but still Monty Alexander's contribution on piano is perfect dipping in and out between Ernest's guitar and adding his little beautifully deft solos. The drumming is just as good from Idris Muhammed with Gary Mayone's keyboards and percussion which keeps not the whole foot but a good size toe in Reggae waters. Wonderful album and one that is interesting from start to finish with not a dull spot present‎"

http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/review/below-the-bassline/237442

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic