FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Intro

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
bass man View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 4:39pm
what about wishbone ash
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 8:57am
Originally posted by bass man bass man wrote:

what about wishbone ash

Don't have any WA in my music collection but remember seeing them play at Oxford Town Hall in the early seventies. Was at Arlington Arts last night (to see Cara Dillon) and noticed that Martin Turner is playing there tonight.   
bass man View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 2:59pm

very good band very underated
I played a support gig for them,well martin turner ha
it was about ten years ago in Mansfield
they played all the classics
the argus album gets a spin every other week
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 9:12pm
While reading the credits on my Pink Floyd "Dark Side Of The Moon", I find that Alan Parsons was the engineer (with assistant Peter James) when recorded at Abbey Road Studios, London, between June 1972 and January 1973.

I note, as others have I'm sure, that many artists in the music industry are intertwined with many others and in many other capacities.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
bass man View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 2:39pm
i was listening to this Saturday night with a few whiskeys
its a great album and I always hear something else everytime I play it
the origional 1st pressings with the solid blue triangle are bringing some good money now
paul
am from Yorkshire tha nuz
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:52pm
Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 3:44am
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

A lot of what was "rock" when released is now MOTR stuff aired on Radio 2 . . . Ermm

Yes, thank goodness for Ken Bruce, and Jeremy Vine, but they don't go as far as playing some of the favourites I've mentioned in this topic - still a step too far for the BBC.

I remember Jeremy Vine decided to play the Who's "Who Are You" on his lunchtime show. He didn't play the official BBC version. Instead he played the commercially released version he'd brought in from home (his words). There is a difference... the commercially released version features "the four letter word" twice!

Obviously this being several hours before the nine o'clock watershed, I expected some kind of apologetic comment, but there was none. Must I have been the only one listening?!

Since then the radio set in the workshop has been banned. The PRS sent me an invoice for receiving broadcast music in the workplace. It is perfectly OK me playing records in the workshop for R&D purposes and even to customers who pop in, without needing a performing rights license, but listening to my radio isn't allowed! They said it was OK to listen to exactly the same broadcasts via the internet though. But for me that isn't the same. Funny country Confused
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic