FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Home HiFi Gatherings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home HiFi Gatherings
    Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 8:44am
It’s been suggested that forum members might like to meet at each others homes for an afternoon or evening of music and hifi chat, listening to Graham’s gear, and whatever else is on offer, bringing their own LPs or CDs too (and maybe cakes Wink).

Obviously the size of such groups would need to be small, but it would be a great way (IMO) to meet up with like-minded folk we only know from the pages of this forum.

Andrew (aka Drewan77) has offered his home for members in the North West, and suggested a date from the weekends 29-30th October and 5th-6th November.

I’ll also be happy to have members round for a South East meeting (I’m in Guildford), though don’t have any specific dates in mind yet.

So please give us your thoughts on this proposal, and whether you’d like, or be able to come along . . .

Edited by morris_minor - 05 Oct 2016 at 4:24pm
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:11pm
Other music forums have these sort of meet-ups & this is one of the friendliest places around but the chances to meet in-person have been few & far between.

I'd be happy for anyone to listen to my GSP gear/system/any music they want during the weekends Bob mentions (29-30/10 or 5-6/11 or a weekend evening) - my wife will be overseas for a few weeks so music will have an even higher priority than normal Wink. It would be a chance to put names against avatars and if there's anyone new & considering using GSP gear, then they are also welcome.

I have an Accession, Reflex M, Majestic, Solo ULDE & Bitzie. All cabling is Lautus/CuSat & Spatia. Power supplies are all PSU1 (also a bespoke switchable 24v AC GSP PSU1 powering 2 turntables). 
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 3:33pm
A great idea.
Anyone in the Fife area is welcome to drop in for a listen to my GSP gear.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
msphil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msphil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 7:36pm
As others who have been here know i'm more than happy to do this any time! I live in the Derbyshire – South Yorkshire area. If anyone is interested please do let me know!
'You are, through your soul not your body, a human being.'
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 7:59pm
Like Phil says, anyone wishing to come to mine (Guildford) just let me know . . .Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 11:11pm
Is there any interest from Australian members? I'm in Bendigo and happy to host, too. Reply or PM me! Reflex M, Majestic, Proprii, cables...
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:42am
I'd pop round if I could, Mick . . Wink
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic