FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hi from the Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zwarte-romantiek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwarte-romantiek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from the Netherlands
    Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:30pm
Hi,

Just joint this forum. Reading a lot about Graham Slee phono stages - great reviews everywhere, but I am still doubtfull if I am going to buy one (or buy vinyl, shellacs and cassetes instead Wink)

I live in the center of the Netherlands, Utrecht and buying records all my live. Still looking for strange and new sounds.  My set-up are 3x Thorens turntables and vintage, 1970s Grundig stuff. My dad worked for Grundig so.....sentimental reasons.....
In the living room i have a TD-121 w/ Decca Gold paired with a nice Grundig A5000/SXV-6000 amp set. The SXV-6000 has a good mm/mc option.
In my study room i have two TD-124 connected to a Grundig SV-2000 using a DENON AU-320. The SV-2000 has only a MM option.

I am thinking if a GS Elevator EXP would be a great replacement for the DENON AU-320. Although I will miss it option to connect my two TD-124 to one vintage amplifier......

Furthermore I do not have a big pile  of shellacs (and most of them are "modern" ones - Bollywood 1950s)  but a good phono stage to play these, would it sound and be better than using my "bass, treble and presence" knobs on the SV-2000???

So the first couple of weeeks i wil do some reading on this forum about your all your experiences.
And think about if it is a good idea to connecting a GS phono stage to a vintage amplifier which has all ready a MM input.
Option could be buying a GS MM phonostage and connect it to  the tuner or Tape 2 input on the Grundig SV-2000. Will it be better  than the build in MM input?

I  guess loan, try and listen will be the only option....Smile

Have a nice evening

Niels
Niels J. Masselink
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:42pm
Thank you for joining us Niels. I have used an Elevator EXP with various MC cartridges and it was really good, the ability to change the loading with switches helped. I haven't tried a step up transformer like the AU_320 but other here have...

Lots of free and postive advice here to help you and yes please loan some of the GSP/HFC equipment so you can make your own mind up.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 9:53pm
Welcome
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by zwarte-romantiek zwarte-romantiek wrote:

Hi,

Just joint this forum. Reading a lot about Graham Slee phono stages - great reviews everywhere, but I am still doubtfull if I am going to buy one (or buy vinyl, shellacs and cassetes instead Wink)

I live in the center of the Netherlands, Utrecht and buying records all my live. Still looking for strange and new sounds.  My set-up are 3x Thorens turntables and vintage, 1970s Grundig stuff. My dad worked for Grundig so.....sentimental reasons.....
In the living room i have a TD-121 w/ Decca Gold paired with a nice Grundig A5000/SXV-6000 amp set. The SXV-6000 has a good mm/mc option.
In my study room i have two TD-124 connected to a Grundig SV-2000 using a DENON AU-320. The SV-2000 has only a MM option.

I am thinking if a GS Elevator EXP would be a great replacement for the DENON AU-320. Although I will miss it option to connect my two TD-124 to one vintage amplifier......

Furthermore I do not have a big pile  of shellacs (and most of them are "modern" ones - Bollywood 1950s)  but a good phono stage to play these, would it sound and be better than using my "bass, treble and presence" knobs on the SV-2000???

So the first couple of weeeks i wil do some reading on this forum about your all your experiences.
And think about if it is a good idea to connecting a GS phono stage to a vintage amplifier which has all ready a MM input.
Option could be buying a GS MM phonostage and connect it to  the tuner or Tape 2 input on the Grundig SV-2000. Will it be better  than the build in MM input?

I  guess loan, try and listen will be the only option....Smile

Have a nice evening

Niels

Niels,

I have responded to your message.
I look forward to hearing from you, and sorting you out with some lovely loan scheme gear. 
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic