New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hi! from someone on a journey of a thousand miles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hi! from someone on a journey of a thousand miles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AGiLiT View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGiLiT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi! from someone on a journey of a thousand miles
    Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 5:29pm
Please allow me to introduce myself:

I am from the Age of Aquarius living in the body of an aged audiophile.  I had the good fortune to retire a couple of years ago and now have the time (albeit limited resources) to finally dig out the 10 or so cartons of vinyl that have been moved from country to country, coast to coast, and are now sitting in a closet here in Texas.  One of my goals in retirement has been to rediscover my collection and to digitize for portability those things I want to be able to listen to when on the go.

I consider my audio setup to be of modest quality, but more than adequate for my deteriorating hearing ability, which is in no ways improved by tinnitus in both ears.  In its current configuration, it is anchored by a Pioneer SC-1523 Receiver and outputs to a B&W 5 speaker array with a pair of CM 4s at the forefront.

I have a Dual 1219 that had been sitting unused for decades, which I have just had repaired, refurbished, and outfitted with a Shure M97XE cartridge.  I had that moment of 'Doh!' when I went to connect the turntable to my receiver and discovered I had no phono inputs.

I have a friend who is a serious audiophile (tubes only, if you get my drift), who is lending me something to get started with while I search for the missing links to my setup.  Currently leading on my lust list is the Gram Amp 2 SE.  I though I'd join the forum to be able to ask questions and see others experiences.

Thanks for listening.
Tony
Houston, TX
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 7:27pm
Welcome to the forum Tony. Rediscovering your old vinyl will be an interesting and enjoyable journey. One that will all the more enjoyable with a good phono stage.
As you may have read in the forum there is a loan scheme available to members to help in deciding whether Grahams' products are right for you.
Bruce (aka BAK, just search in the members area) runs the US loan scheme, drop him a PM to get the loan process started and begin that journey of discovery.

Happy Listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 8:04pm
Hi Tony,
   Welcome aboard! We're far flung in this forum with members in both hemispheres. Yes, take advantage of the loan scheme! It's terrific way to hear what these pieces can do for you at home. The Gram Amp is a little legend!
Best of luck,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
AGiLiT View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AGiLiT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 12:59am
Thanks!  PM on its way...
Tony
Houston, TX
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 3:50am
You will be on your Seventh Sojourn !
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:57pm
Thanks for joining us Tony. We're all on that journey, learning more about the music we love.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic