FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ProPhono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProPhono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 9:37pm
Hi, new member from Philadelphia area here. Interested in the Graham Slee phono stages mostly. Cheers :)
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2020 at 11:17pm
Hello and welcome,
  Lots to read around here, and plenty of friendly and experienced people to ask questions of. Loan scheme contacts, too. What turntable/cartridge combo are you running? Any initial thoughts about which model phonostage you’re interested in?
All the best,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
ProPhono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProPhono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

What turntable/cartridge combo are you running? Any initial thoughts about which model phonostage you’re interested in?

Right now I'm running a Fluance RT84 with an AT7V cartridge and a Schiit Mani phono stage. This isn't a particularly fancy setup but it sounds very good overall. I'm not looking to "correct" anything in my system, just interested in trying out different phono stages so will likely take part in the loaner program. I'm particularly interested in the GRAM AMP 2 SE.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:56pm
Hi Geoff WELCOME
I started with GA 2 SE and it's vary good. But if you can budget for that with a PSU1 power supply even better, a lot on here rate that combo vary highly indeed. I did not have the PSU1 when I had it. But I found it a lot better than the phono amp built in with my stereo amp and I lost a lot of the back ground noise ( pops and crackly ) too, happy days. As with all Graham Slee stuff it's built to last, you can always up grade with the PSU1 latter

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Blade View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 5:51pm
Cant recommend the Gram Amp 2 SE with PSU1.

Glenn
L*nn Sondek LP12, AT VM750SH MM, Graham Slee Reflex M with PSU1 , Musical Fidelity M5SI, Dynaudio Special 40
Ernie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

Cant recommend the Gram Amp 2 SE with PSU1.

Glenn

Enough?
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 7:18pm
Welcome. 

I had a Mani and don't recommend those. Mine was very noisy and hissy, then after a move to a place near several radio and TV stations, it started to pick up RFI. Drove me up the wall and I got rid of it. 

I prefer my G.S. Reflex by a very large amount. 

Edited by patientot - 14 Aug 2020 at 7:19pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic