FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello there

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:03pm
Welcome
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
TheScorpionsTale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheScorpionsTale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:53am
Welcome, Colin. It's great that your vintage Trio is still performing and I certainly wouldn't consign it to history, but as patientot has mentioned, after all this time, the capacitors, and maybe other components will have degraded and possibly be in need of replacement. Also, the phono stages in that amp are only a part of it.

Whatever, I'm certain one of the GS phono stages, which will be dedicated to the task, will be much more satisfactory long term. If in doubt, you can try out one of the pre-built ones in your system via the loaner programme. I made the mistake of going for the basic green power supply (cheapskate!) but having upgraded my Revelation M with the PSU-1, I would urge you not to make the same mistake!

(My only experience of Ortofon is by way of an OM20 many years ago, which I thought a bit thin, but I know there are many who like them.)
Graham

SL1200 II with SME M2-9R and various carts / Revelation M with PSU-1 / Cyrus amp, CD and streamer / Kralk Audio BC30-3 Floorstanders / Bitzie and Lautus USB
Trioka1600b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trioka1600b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:19am
hello all my stylus has now broken in I believe 
So closing in on loaner time I think.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic