FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from Devon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
adodd888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adodd888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Devon
    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:23pm
Hello all,

Have just received my Genera kit and am looking forward to building it. It's my first phono stage - got my TD280iv out of storage over Christmas (harking back to my student days) and replaced the ATN110e with a VM95E.

Big thank you to John for answering all my questions.

Cheers,
Adrian

TD280iv, AT VM95ML, Yamaha DSP-AX759se,
B&W M1, BK Electrics XLS200DF
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:54pm
Welcome Adrian! I’ve enjoyed building a couple of Genera.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:51pm
Welcome from me too Adrian,
The build is most satisfying, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the sound even more. It comes as a surprise to many just how good the Genera sounds.
You've possibly read the Genera thread and the advice there, but do double check the resistor values, a multimeter helps if you have one. IIRC some have confused the 33k and 3k resistors, R6 & 7.
One I prepared earlier:

Happy soldering,

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:05pm
Welcome. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
adodd888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adodd888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:56am
Thanks for your messages everyone.

Originally posted by BackinBlack BackinBlack wrote:

Welcome from me too Adrian,
The build is most satisfying, but I'm sure you'll enjoy the sound even more. It comes as a surprise to many just how good the Genera sounds.
You've possibly read the Genera thread and the advice there, but do double check the resistor values, a multimeter helps if you have one. IIRC some have confused the 33k and 3k resistors, R6 & 7.
One I prepared earlier:

Happy soldering,

Ian

Definitely got my multimeter waiting to go! I'm eager to how changing the capacitance on the input changes the treble response - my current setup gives 440pF on the amp and 210pF from the deck cabling, somewhat high compared to the AT cartridge specs and there's definitelysome sinilance to my ears. I'm going to shorten the cables from the record player and adjust the loading in the Genera accordingly.

Cheers,
Adrian 
TD280iv, AT VM95ML, Yamaha DSP-AX759se,
B&W M1, BK Electrics XLS200DF
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:30pm
650pF is quite high, might suit ole Ortofon VMS carts, but not AT95. I've sent you a PM.

Good luck with the Genera

Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Bluesman 70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bluesman 70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 10:21am
Welcome Adrian good look with your self build amp. Graham C
Avid Ingenium tt /Project Carbon arm/Ortofon 2M Bronze /Naim XS Intergated amp/ Accession mm Phono stage/Enigma pus1/CUsat50 interconnect/ Naim CDX2/ GS Solo Headphone amp Thiel CS 1.6 Coherent Source
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic