FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from Belgium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
janvda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote janvda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Belgium
    Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 11:07am
Hello everyone,

Just a quick post to thank you for welcoming me on your forum.
I´m a 47yo living in a village between Antwerp and Brussels.
Been into music and hifi for quite some years now. Listening mostly to soul and funk, but am very open-minded about other genres.
Have done a lot of gear changes over the year, some were upgrades, but a lot of them were just sidegrades. My upgrade-itis seems to have calmed down the last years though.
My current system consists of a Raspberry Pi4 with Moode Audio as a streamer, a minidsp SHD studio for Dirac room correction, a M2tech Young mkIII DAC/preamp, a Hifimediy T4 Jantzen as power amp into WLM La Scala floorstanders.
I joined the forum, ´cause I´m investigating into buying the Proprius as power amps, which would be the last change to my setup for years to come.

Jan
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 11:32am
Hi Jan.

Welcome. What are your thoughts on the MiniDSP? I have been tempted by one.
I guess you will be in touch if you want to benefit from the European loan scheme.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 11:55am
Welcome Jan.

janvda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janvda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 12:05pm
As I live in a recently constructed modern house (tiled floors, plastered walls, concrete ceiling, large windows, concrete ceilings), I was encountering quite some reverb and some room modes, especially in lower bass region. I lot of the reverb was improved by decorating the house with furniture,  rugs and lots of house plants.
Regarding correcting the room modes, I quickly realised that my only option would be to resort to room correction. As our living room/sitting area is where I listen to music, adding physical accoustical correction was out of the question, thus I had to look into a device to help me with this.
I first tried a Dspeaker device, which I was able to buy used, and that already convinced me of its use in my situation. Later on I got a Micromega M150, which is an integrated amp (and quite a good one) with built-in room correction. When going back to hifi seperates, I settled on the SHD studio for the amount of control it offered me in tweaking the correction to tweak it to my own preferences. All in all it was very easy to setup, the most time of that went to measuring the room. After that is was just a question of playing around with the correction curves until satisfied. The internet was really helpful in educating me on that subject. 
It has been really helpful in smoothening out the room modes (of course within the limits of physics). I don´t own a set of golden ears, but imho the effect of the correction can be mostly heard by a way better stereo image with more accurately placed and sharper defined instrument positioning (if that makes any sense)
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 12:35pm
Thanks Jan.
I shall continue to investigate, as it sounds like an interesting device.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 4:43pm
Welcome aboard Jan.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 7:14pm
Welcome Jan.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic