FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hello from Atlanta, GA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rphart59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rphart59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Atlanta, GA
    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:00pm
Hi Graham Slee members. I am a new member in Atlanta, GA and a somewhat new vinyl enthusiast. I say somewhat new because I continually find albums in my local record store that remind me of my childhood. I can still hear my mother shouting at me to flip the record to the B side.

My first turntable was purchased about a year ago and I have since bought and sold a few more, settling on a Technics 1210GR. I have a dedicated home theater room and my Yamaha CX-A5200 is the brain of the operation and I have been very happy with it for movies, CD and streaming hi res titles. It has a built in phono stage and is naturally how I hooked up my TT. Through reading forums and my own curiosity, I purchased a Schiit Mani and noticed an immediate improvement, which satisfied my curiosity on the integrated phono stage. It simply isn't very good. As I continued to research phono stages, I came across several positive reviews of Graham Slee phono stages and was very surprised to learn of the loaner program. I have a Reflex M on the way and am excited to audition it in my setup. Had a great time talking with Bruce this weekend, very nice and knowledgeable. 
Ryan
BAK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 3:52pm
Welcome to the forum Ryan.
Thank you for the kind remarks.
Bruce
AT-14SA, Pickering XV-15, Hana EL, Technics SL-1600MK2, Lautus, Majestic DAC, Technics SH-8055 spectrum analyzer, Eminence Beta8A custom cabs; Proprius & Reflex M or C, Enjoy Life your way!
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 7:24pm
Hi Ryan Welcome
I am sure you are going to be happy with the Reflex M, As am I.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 8:24pm
Thank you for joining us Ryan and congratulations on the (loan) Reflex M.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
rphart59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rphart59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 12:50am
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Hi Ryan Welcome
I am sure you are going to be happy with the Reflex M, As am I.

Thank you, it is scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I can't wait for the audition to begin!
Ryan
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:16pm
Ryan
You may have been told this but just in case you haven't do give the Reflex M a day or two to warm up before you start your audition it will make all the difference 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
rphart59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rphart59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

Ryan
You may have been told this but just in case you haven't do give the Reflex M a day or two to warm up before you start your audition it will make all the difference 

Thank you for your comment. Yes, Bruce asked me to allow 2-3 days for the unit to properly warm up.
Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic