FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Headphone Amp Connection Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gidders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gidders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headphone Amp Connection Question
    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:23pm
For my daytime listening I have my streamer into 82/250 & floorstanding speakers

For late at night I have a GS Solo ULDE being fed from the tape socket of the 82 powering my HD800 headphones.

However I've discovered that my late night listening set up sounds better when I bypass the 82 & connect the streamer direct to the Solo, but its a pain to have to keep swapping connections.

So I was wondering - what if I have a cable made up with twin phonos out of the streamer but with two flying leads - 5 pin din to the 82 for daytime listening & twin phonos to the Solo so I can leave everything permanently connected?

Will this cause any problems / feedback loops / degradation in the sound?

Edited by Gidders - 03 Mar 2018 at 2:24pm
Gidders
---------
LP12/Ittok/Lingo/Gram Amp 2 SE/L*nn Klimax Renew DS
GS Solo ULDE/PSU1/HD800
Naim 82/HiCap/250
Kudos Cadera 2
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm
A pair of phono splitters are what you need - Maplin (while they last) sell these: https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/gold-plated-2-to-1-phono-adapter-n84an

That would allow you to split the signal at the streamer feeding your existing phono to DIN lead and the phono to phono lead that feeds your Solo directly. It shouldn't affect the sound quality if the Naim is set to the streamer input, just turn the volume down obviously. You can check if it causes an earth loop by connecting this up and switching to the phono input to hear any hum.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Gidders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gidders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 11:41am
Thanks for the suggestion Jon
Gidders
---------
LP12/Ittok/Lingo/Gram Amp 2 SE/L*nn Klimax Renew DS
GS Solo ULDE/PSU1/HD800
Naim 82/HiCap/250
Kudos Cadera 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic