FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Club

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee audio product wishing to use our loaner program: join here
Subscribe to our newsletter here (Rules on posting can be found here)

GSP Preamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Telling it as it is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Gijo1977 Gijo1977 wrote:

Graham,

This thread seems to have run pretty cold now for 12 months or so. Have there been any updates or progress towards a pre? I am interested in the Proprius, however I would need to also find myself a good preamp to deal with them and the source material (Phono and CD).

I was considering a passive pre, but then found this thread and my interest was sparked :)

Thanks for any updates

Dan

Originally a preamp was defined as something with gain sufficient to amplify small signals to the level required to drive a power amplifier. Hence the name pre - amp(lifier).

But then came along some wannabes incapable of doing anything involving electronics, but really good at marketing, and presented a switch box with no gain, just attenuation via a volume control, and decided it would sound cool calling it a passive preamp.

I can think of another word beginning with W! And as for those who support them??

It has meant that people like me get a smaller bite of the cherry, and therefore struggle with the costs involved in R&D, as is needed to develop a full range of products... including a preamp.

And if insufficient numbers buy our existing products attention drifts away from R&D towards competing with marketing (the winner being a certain tech giant).

It costs money to develop a preamp or anything really, and although I have the abilities, without financial resources (stolen from me by wannabes), then we get nowhere.

Not simple enough for Google-Bot to understand...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
  Share Topic