FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

GS Ascension Phono Stage comparisons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
steviea69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviea69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GS Ascension Phono Stage comparisons
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 11:56pm
Hello, to all. Is there anywhere in the forum where I can read any comparisons of the GS Ascension MM to other phono stages such as Lehmann Decade, EAR 834P, Gold Note PH10 etc. from other members comparisons?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:40am
There may not be the exact comparisons you require, but it will be different because the others have not applied to me to use my patent.

By the way, it is called an Accession - a new item added to an existing collection.

Ascension is the act of rising. We don't make an Ascension.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:52am
Gee, Graham, there’s a Carry On Accession/Ascension gag in there somewhere...
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Aussie Mick Aussie Mick wrote:

Gee, Graham, there’s a Carry On Accession/Ascension gag in there somewhere...

I hope you don't/do mean the act of .......?

ooh err matron!

LOL
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
steviea69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steviea69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:28am
Graham, sorry, for the mispronunciation. Just looking for reviews that members have witnessed when they added the GS Accession M going from a previous highly rated phono stage. I'm pretty sure the GS Accession is where I'm headed but just looking for further reviews singing the praises of the unit.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:45am
Hi Steven, sorry for being touchy and tetchy Wink

Quote from the front page, "Our users have posted 52,391 Posts in 3,745 Topics in 55 Forum(s)," so it might be difficult finding the info you want.

There is a search facility that will pull-up just about everything our members have ever written about the Accession. Still, you have to use the advanced option for it to work in your favour. You only need to input "Accession" in search by keyword and change find posts to "any date," It will pull up 100 results.

Sometimes, by joining in a recent discussion, you might get a quicker answer, as users tend to check back on those more regularly.

Obtaining the exact answer you require might not be immediately forthcoming. It depends on whether that member has, or has owned, any competing products. It also depends on them being around because they all have things to do in their own lives (I'm sure you already know that).

I'm sorry that you cannot find the answer in the press, online, or in print, but we gave up on "one man's opinion" reviews, mostly because there aren't any genuinely independent unbiased, and experienced reviewers anymore (cursed is he who trusteth in man and all that).

Instead, we introduced the loaner program, which allows you to sample the delights for up to two weeks, but if you don't have the other items to AB, that isn't much good.

These days, most of our customers either act on faith or use the loaner program, and if the product gives the required satisfaction, we seldom hear from them again.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by steviea69 steviea69 wrote:

Graham, sorry, for the mispronunciation. Just looking for reviews that members have witnessed when they added the GS Accession M going from a previous highly rated phono stage. I'm pretty sure the GS Accession is where I'm headed but just looking for further reviews singing the praises of the unit.

If you can do the loaner program, that will tell you all you need to know. It certainly did for me with the Reflex, no reason the Accession shouldn't do that same. 

If you are talking to a dealer and they are confident in a product they are trying to sell you, surely they have a demo unit you can borrow and compare to the Accession yourself? If not maybe they aren't so confident in that product after all? 

Reviews don't really hold water with me anymore, personally, because they usually don't provide info that is relevant to me. Frequently the reviewer is listening to music I would never play myself, or would only play very rarely. Not sure about you...

Another thing I figured out is that on other forums, you often get dealers and distributors masquerading as average joes. Naturally they are going to push what they sell. 

Edited by patientot - 13 Jan 2021 at 3:46pm
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic