FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Greetings from Hampshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:15am
I agree, save for a substantial upgrade!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Dazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:21am
Hi patientot,

Thanks for the reply. I think the PSU1 is going to be my nest step because as you said I will be able to use it further down the line with an EGV or Reflex M. Having heard the difference the GAC2 has made over the Quads inbuilt phono stage I'm expecting great things to come! My reasoning behind going for the Goldring 2300 is that it's not just the price jump from £120 to £395 but it is that the stylus shape changes to the Gyger ll which should offer a decent upgrade? Anyhow will let you know how the PSU1 performs once it arrives at the end of the month (birthday present to me from me!)

Have a good one.
Nottingham Analogue Mentor Reference Turntable, Origin Live Silver 12 inch Tonearm, Goldring 2300, GS Communicator with PSU1, Quad Elite, Emerald Physics KC11 open baffle speakers, 2 x SW 250 subs.
Cyreg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Dazzo Dazzo wrote:

.....I think the PSU1 is going to be my nest step because as you said I will be able to use it further down the line with an EGV or Reflex M.....  Anyhow will let you know how the PSU1 performs once it arrives at the end of the month…..

I think this is the best upgrade for now Smile
And you can even order a Accession M with the Basic PS (to complete the Communicator setup)

and please let us know how you feel about the PSU1?
TecnoDec/RB250/MP110>GramAmp2C/PSU1; Cyrus CD8SE; Cyrus FM7 > Exposure XXXV > Harbeth C7ES-3 '35th Anniversary'
cabling: IC 3x DNM V3; LScable Exposure DMF-two; Furu TP60 + MWaY and AH! powercords   
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Dazzo Dazzo wrote:

Hi patientot,

Thanks for the reply. I think the PSU1 is going to be my nest step because as you said I will be able to use it further down the line with an EGV or Reflex M. Having heard the difference the GAC2 has made over the Quads inbuilt phono stage I'm expecting great things to come! My reasoning behind going for the Goldring 2300 is that it's not just the price jump from £120 to £395 but it is that the stylus shape changes to the Gyger ll which should offer a decent upgrade? Anyhow will let you know how the PSU1 performs once it arrives at the end of the month (birthday present to me from me!)

Have a good one.

I think the PSU1 is a good bet for you. 

RE: the 2300, yeah, you're right the Gyger II should be better than an elliptical. Note that I've never used any Gyger stylus other than the FG-S (on a Goldring 1042), which is their most extreme version. So I can't really comment on a Gyger II in detail. 

After my time with Goldring I moved back to other carts that suited my needs better. However, if Goldring is working well for you and you like that line, sticking with it is probably a good idea. 

How many hours does your 2100 have? If it's nearing the end of it's life, then I would probably make the cartridge a priority when you can. I'm guessing the 2300 stylus will just pop on to the 2100 body with no problems? 

SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Dazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm
Hi guys,

My plan is:
Purchase PSU1 
Then listen
Then
Purchase Goldring 2300
Then listen
Then
Purchase
Reflex M
Then listen for a very long time...

GA2C will then be used with my Project RPM 6 with the 2100 in another room.

I looked at the Accession M but I don't need any of the additional features  including the volume control so figured it would be money that I could spend on other things?

Advice appreciated as always!

Nottingham Analogue Mentor Reference Turntable, Origin Live Silver 12 inch Tonearm, Goldring 2300, GS Communicator with PSU1, Quad Elite, Emerald Physics KC11 open baffle speakers, 2 x SW 250 subs.
Dazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 11:13pm
oh btw 2100 has done about 300 hours.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:33am
That's a good plan.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic