FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Greetings from Hampshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:13pm
When you click the reply link (blue arrow) to write a reply, you'll notice a tree symbol in the menus above it.

Clicking it will give you the option to browse an image in your computer, and provided it's 150k or less, you can upload it into your post, and it will remain in your upload folder too.

G
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:20pm
Thank you Graham
Not good with computers but that seems easy I'll have a go at some point
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Dazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:25pm
Thanks Graham, 

I think the problem is the image file is too big and I can't find a way to make it smaller?

Will keep trying though!
Nottingham Analogue Mentor Reference Turntable, Origin Live Silver 12 inch Tonearm, Goldring 2300, GS Communicator with PSU1, Quad Elite, Emerald Physics KC11 open baffle speakers, 2 x SW 250 subs.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
In your post you can also use BBcodes to "bring in" an image stored online by placing its full url between image tags.

Click the highlighted BBcodes link in the Enable BBcodes checkbox in the quick reply panel below, to discover how.

If your image is stored in non-secure webspace it will highlight a security warning next to the padlock in the browser bar, so it's best if you can use the upload as in my previous post.

Edited by Graham Slee - 06 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:35pm
To the OP, welcome. 

For forums I have always used Imgur.com to host pictures and just post the link for message boards. Imgur gives you a choice of size of the image you want to post. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
Dazzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dazzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:45pm
Hi all, well sorry to say I gave up on the photo idea as it just seemed a total pain. So I have been listening through the Gram Amp 2 Communicator for three weeks now and I have come to realise that what it does is get out of the way rather than stand in the way and direct the music in any particular direction.  If you have looked at the system I have listed (with a total of 10 drivers, six of them 10 inch) you might think I listen at high volumes but that is not the case, most of the time. Two tracks tonight that have highlighted the strengths of the GA2C were Philly Sinks from Aimme Mann's "Mental Illness" album and Outside the Pale from Samantha Crain's "Under Branch and Thorn Tree". On Philly Sinks the lyrics are just so much clearer as if a short gap has been put between each of the words. On Outside the Pale as Samantha sings "Outsiiiiiiiide" this always used to distort into glassy hardness but now its as clean as can be making the who song far more enjoyable. So my question is this, should my next upgrade be the power supply to a PSU1, the cartridge to a Goldring 2300 or the phono stage to a Gram amp 2 special edition? Which of these will give me the biggest improvement? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!
Nottingham Analogue Mentor Reference Turntable, Origin Live Silver 12 inch Tonearm, Goldring 2300, GS Communicator with PSU1, Quad Elite, Emerald Physics KC11 open baffle speakers, 2 x SW 250 subs.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Dazzo Dazzo wrote:

Hi all, well sorry to say I gave up on the photo idea as it just seemed a total pain. So I have been listening through the Gram Amp 2 Communicator for three weeks now and I have come to realise that what it does is get out of the way rather than stand in the way and direct the music in any particular direction.  If you have looked at the system I have listed (with a total of 10 drivers, six of them 10 inch) you might think I listen at high volumes but that is not the case, most of the time. Two tracks tonight that have highlighted the strengths of the GA2C were Philly Sinks from Aimme Mann's "Mental Illness" album and Outside the Pale from Samantha Crain's "Under Branch and Thorn Tree". On Philly Sinks the lyrics are just so much clearer as if a short gap has been put between each of the words. On Outside the Pale as Samantha sings "Outsiiiiiiiide" this always used to distort into glassy hardness but now its as clean as can be making the who song far more enjoyable. So my question is this, should my next upgrade be the power supply to a PSU1, the cartridge to a Goldring 2300 or the phono stage to a Gram amp 2 special edition? Which of these will give me the biggest improvement? Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!

It sounds like everything is working well for you. 

My opinion is that small baby step upgrades are not really worth it. Save your money to upgrade 2-3 steps from where you are now - if you can - my 2 cents. 

So for example, if you want to upgrade the cartridge, forget the 2300 and go for the 2400 or 2500 if you really like that line of cartridges. 

For the phono stage, save for an EGV or Reflex M. If you like the Communicator you can also get the PSU-1 now, and use that with the EGV or Reflex later. 

Of course other people have different opinions and at the end of the day it is your money. 

If you are wondering if an EGV or Reflex is worth it, or maybe the GA2 is more what you need, then consider the loaner program and try out a couple units and compare to what you have. That will give you the answer for where to go next. 

No loaner program for cartridges unfortunately. 

Edited by patientot - 15 Jan 2021 at 1:52am
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic