FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Graham Slee Stage For Nagaoka Carts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 6:28pm
Hello Andy,

Any cartridge MM or MC sounds amazing with any GSP phono stage! 

Cheers

Lucabeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucabeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 7:51am
Originally posted by andyecon andyecon wrote:

Thanks, Lucabeer, that is useful!

One issue that I get with the Nagaoka using the phono stage on my NAD 390DD is a low level buzz. It isn't there with moving coil cartridges, but I can't get rid of it on the Nagaoka. Did you have any issues with the Reflex M, in that regard?

No buzz at all, even with the volume completely turned up. I suspect it might have to do with the shielding of the cartridge and the position of the turntable motor/circuits. For example, I (like many) experience a faint buzz with the Grado Gold.
andyecon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyecon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
Great videos, Bob! 
andyecon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andyecon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:24pm
Thanks for all of the comments, everybody. I was in contact with Bruce and will have both the Era V and Reflex M as loaners!

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by andyecon andyecon wrote:

Great videos, Bob! 
Thank you Andy. Enjoy your loan of the EGV and Reflex M! Either will serve you very well!
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic