FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Graham Slee Reflex M

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:08pm
Now it's up to the cartridge.
As I wrote, I have an Ortofon Super OM 40 on a P******t 2XEPERIENCE SB turntable and I was thinking of replacing it with a high-performance MC.
My preferences, for the moment, range between Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III Hi and HANA SH. The sonic properties of these two heads attract me to the fact that they have an open, airy and not too soft sound that I have muted. But my knowledge ends here. What do you think?
Thank you.
Enzo.
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:54am
Hi Vincenzo,
   There are some Hana users on the forum and from memory they’re very, very positive. 
Good luck!
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:59am
Good morning, probably for a question of price but also of audio characteristics I was orienting myself on the Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III Hi.
I don't think it's a problem for interfacing with my pre-phono or my arm.
Amp. Musical Fidelity M6si,Turntables VPI Scout Signature, Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Graham Slee Accession MC, Speakers Triangle Esprit Antal Ez, Cables VAN DEN HUL D-502 Hybrid,ATLAS Equator
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:12pm
Well, Vincenzo, the Sumiko is a classic for a reason.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Vincenzo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
Thank you.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 4:58pm
I don't care for HOMC carts in principle. That said a lot of folks like them. IIRC both cartridges you are considering (Sumiko and Hana) are made by Excel Sound Corp. Sumiko is just a brand name - they don't actually make anything AFAIK. Hana is the in-house brand of Excel. If I was forced to choose between the two I would get the Hana SH, as I prefer Shibata styli to ordinary elliptical shapes. The body design of the Hana should be a bit less prone to mishaps as well, compared to the "naked" design of the Sumiko. 

My 2 cents. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic