FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Goldring 1042

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008 at 12:23pm
Typical of a "dealer" to jump in and flog his wares Wink

Ian, when Ivan pops across, I'll get him to pick you up on the way. You can bring the PSU to try out and some Cusat cablesLOL

Seriously, I can't try the different mat method with the  Michell, 'cause it don't use matsSmile it relies on the LP "mating" ( should that be bonding? ) with the platterStar

I do enjoy this site, but 60% of it goes way above my headLOL. One thing I have learned in life though - never, ever, believe in advertisingConfused

I read in a Hi Fi mag recently that they never use equipment to test new products, just listening tests. Question - how do they know how my ears work?
Darren/Audio Elevati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren/Audio Elevati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2008 at 5:46pm
yes, apologies for the sales pitch - try to ignore it - we're hard up northerners!  Come and have a look at the Ac Sig anyway.  Bring one of your wife's cappuccinos!  Ian can arrange to lend you the PSU1 and cusat50 anytime. No problem. You can then post a review of each on this support community for the benefit of others.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 9:42am
No apology necessary, BUT do you sell airguns as well?Wink
stuxter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 11:12am
Hi AB pest
but are you that Saxondale fella on the tv ???
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 1:02pm
It's close.........................................very close LOL

The only difference is my second car, you know, the one for fun !...........................

.........................it's a mini Embarrassed ( A real mini ! ).

Adrian.
IvanM View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 5:10pm
Wow things are getting weird around here Smile

Thanks for the input Adrian + Darren. After a tough week at work I have just put my hand up for a Michell Orbe SE.  This decision has been made after no listening at all but I am strangely relaxed about my decision.  This will take up most of the money that I had put to one side for hard liquor, soft drugs, loose women and ladyboys so it had better be good!  I should have it next week but don’t know when I’ll get it set up as I am travelling quite a bit.  It is going to receive the Ekos arm off the LP12, which according to a helpful chap at Michell, should at least be tried before spending money on a new arm: good!  I’ll set it up with the Goldring 1042 but will then take up John C’s kind offer of a loan of an Elevator and see how it sounds with the Troika.   Then I will take some time out to enjoy the music and perhaps think of a good way of explaining this to my wife.

As an odd twist I actually do have an air rifle to sell, check my myspace site http://ivanm44.spaces.live.com/

Edited by IvanM - 04 Apr 2008 at 5:15pm
I'd like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 6:10pm
Hello Ivan, I think you have made a good choice, only wish I could afford the OrbeSmile

The Ekos should work well . I saw on evilbay some one selling a GyroDec with SME arm. They stated any GyroDec with Rega arm is an ornament !!! Lot of ornaments out there!LOL

I'm much happier with the GyroDec than I was with the LP12, and Michell are great to deal with. Nice personal touch.

So you have to sell your Theoben "TOY"Big%20smile, well it is .177 Wink

I am in the market for a .177, so how much is it? I can p/x a very nice Musical Fidelity integrated amp ( with phono input Tongue).

How much and what comes with it? And is it to appease the wife ?

Adrian.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic