FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Invest in Voyager?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invest in Voyager?
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 1:04pm
Hi,

New to this Forum and very pleased owner of an Era Gold V.

Now to my question Smile

I have a 80gb classic ipod. After a short period, I discovered that the amplifier within the pod was no good for recordings over 90db. I found a freeware program that analyzes recordings and adjusts accordingly to around 89db.

I have also invested in a pair of Etymotic ER4 Reference earplugs...and I have to say, I am impressed with the quality.

Ok, given what I have acheived, would the voyager be worth the purchase. Can the quality be that musc better?

Also, if I did (probably will) purchase a voyager, would I not then need reduce the recordings to 89db?

I look forward to any comments

Regards
....and another thing!!
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2008 at 10:23am
If it clips the ipod amp it will still sound distorted whatever it's plugged into.

However, if it's because the ipod amp can't handle it only when it's driving a headphone load, then without the load it could be OK. Therefore when driving the high impedance Voyager input it's amp may not distort. With sufficiently sensitive headphones attached to the Voyager (96dB SPL plus) I doubt you will hear any distortion. Hope that made sense?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
John C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

gspaudio moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008 at 7:38pm
I use the same ipod and Voyager myself, but use a dock to 3.5mm lead. The difference in sound compared to the ipod headphone socket is quite surprising. Definitely an improvement in sound quality.

JC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic