FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Amplification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Amplification
    Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:41pm
I'm looking for a new amplification for my audio system. In the market exist's many options, but some options are very bad. Are bad and poor for many reasons, the sound sometimes have a many cholesterol, and the music essence are very poor also. Another reason for this obviously, are in these equipmnts are Made in China Cry Angry.

I d'ont like China manufacture, sorry, and in these days it's not easy  find equipment manufactured totally or parcially in origin countries, but exist's some exceptions, but these execeptions are in sometimes expensive, but doens't matter, the important is the quality.

I know in the global world are many manufactures build the products in origin countries, and in England for exemple exist's many manufactures build in their factories.

I need community GSP help for amplification sugestions, and options. I like very mutch the British Audio, all my audio equipmnt are Made In England at the moment, and i'm still looking to complete finally my system. Naim have a nice integrated amplifiers at the a good price and are manufactured in U.K ( it's very important for me for my final decison, like the sound quality obviously ); Rega also a good option, but i like much turntables and cd player, amplification..., Sugden is another good option but is very expensive.

I wait your sugestionsWink

Kind regards
Fernando
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 4:33pm
What's your budget?

It's sad to say that except for some notable exceptions a lot of British HiFi is made elsewhere and only the expensive stuff is made here. Exceptions to this are Rega, MF, sugden, Cyrus and Meridian. There are a couple of small companies that still build in house but people like Creek, Cambridge and Arcam have some or all their gear made in China.

Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ServerBaboon ServerBaboon wrote:

What's your budget?

It's sad to say that except for some notable exceptions a lot of British HiFi is made elsewhere and only the expensive stuff is made here. Exceptions to this are Rega, MF, sugden, Cyrus and Meridian. There are a couple of small companies that still build in house but people like Creek, Cambridge and Arcam have some or all their gear made in China.

Hi,
Yes indeed. Unfortunately remarcable and historic British manufactures, the ''old'' and remarcable Cambridge, Arcam no more Made in Great Britain.

Today this equipment are Designed in U.K, but the essential and crucial are assembled totally in China, for me is a completly madness, it's not the same anyway.Cry

A few months ago a read in magazine HiFi Choice , or HiFi News a big article about the British Audio equipmnt Made in China, i'm not sure but was write  by Paul Messenger, and she saids the some company are thinking return your manufacturer all origin countries.

Please see, in the April number publication HiFi Choice the editor Paul Messenger writing a usual notables articles, and this month is about a new rebuilding the historic and fantastic no more Skypton Castle Loudspaeakers, today at Made in China by IAG Group.
The price of the new one Castle Models: £300 to £1000, it's not possible, but it's true unfortunately, and she saids: These are obvious differences between the new and the old. 

About my budget, not for the moment, but in a future maybe, €1500 = £1300/1500 + -,
Naim have a good options, Supernait, it's one.
For my loudspeakers i believe a right option, 87db to 8 ohm. What's your opinion.

In your country you have a many options and coices, many are not much known, but are very good.

ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 12:47pm
Having never really liked thes sound, certainly the older kit, I had completely forgotton about Naim and Linn, there are more UK manufacturers than I thought.

Edited by ServerBaboon - 22 Apr 2010 at 12:48pm
Fernando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:34pm
Hi ServerBaboon,

Yes indeed, in England are many, many audio manufacturers. Some manufacturers as well known, others not know much, but doesn't not mean they have quality, the opposite: Sugden as a great manufacturer, the problem that is very expensive, but the quality are expensive, indeed certainly.

My budget maybe up to €2300 => £1940, and that price i thing to find good amplification (Condition: Not Made in China ), it's not easy, but...

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic