FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

What headphones do you use on the go ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkerj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What headphones do you use on the go ?
    Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 7:49pm
I have some Shure 530s and no doubt they are good but I just got some Koss Porta Pros and have to same I enjoy them just as much as the Shure's

Does anyone have some recommendations for on the go listening?
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 8:33pm
On the go depends on what you mean on the go. If  you mean while traveling in an airplane, train, bus then I use IEM's since they block the outside noise. By blocking the outside I do not have to crank the volume up thus saving my ears.

If on the go means at an office then a set of close cans is great if you do not need to answer the phone or hear people talking. Just remember that using any kind of headphone while walking/running/driving could be the cause of an accident.
Miguel
pinkerj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkerj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2010 at 10:50pm
Thanks mrarroyo

Do you have a preference for IEMs / closed ?

Take your point about what is meant by on the go

I tend not to use mine at work (frowned in at my work) so will use them on the bus or walk to work

I do use my ipod for jogging and I grados -breaks up the monotony so I will just have to risk it!!!!    
hotmog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotmog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 9:39am

I bought a pair of Koss Porta Pros to use with my Creative Zen 32GB mp3 player. They cost me all of £7.99 on Amazon (I had a £10 voucher to use up), and for the money I think they offer unbeatable value. Very good sound quality, excellent bass, in addition to which they are light and comfortable. They also have a lifetime replacement guarantee. Thumbs%20Up

The only slight criticism I have of my pair is that the 3-position blue "comfort zone" switch, which adjusts the angle of the earpads between "light", "medium" and "firm" pressure, refuses to remain set and always springs back to the "firm" setting. Having said that, however, it's a minor issue and doesn't really bother me.
Aragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:13am
if you dont mind looking like a cyborg my hfi780s are an excellent sounding headphone ,also use px100 and koss ksc75 ,looking to get some soundmagic iems soon as well sorry ,twenty quid camera phone!

Edited by Aragon - 09 Jul 2010 at 10:14am
mrarroyo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrarroyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:27pm
I just re-bought (had them before and sold them) an Audio Technica AH-ESW9, these are small size semi-portable closed cans. They do not isolate a lot but sound awesome.

Edited by mrarroyo - 09 Jul 2010 at 11:27pm
Miguel
Sylvain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sylvain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:09pm
SmileSmileBig%20smileBig%20smile 
The Audio Technica ADH 700 has a very transparent sound, the bass is my first experience of the nearest musical tone to a 'french Contre basse'' or double bass guitars and all bass intruments are reproduced for their musical tone as opposed to a boom effect. The mids are clear as for vocals and the high frequencies of instruments are excellent. Apparently the cable is a mixture of magnesium/alloy and not quite the deep warm copper  or the tingling crisp of silver that we are used to. It is an open backed design and I have yet to come across a ''cLOSED BACK'' that matches audio phile quality of Open back. The Audio Technica is also exceptionall comfortable, hardly felt as to special wing pads. No I am no Share holder of Audio Technica but for my money an excellent buy.     TongueTongueBig%20smileBig%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic